Welcome

  • joyteach1
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 20, 2004
      Hello fellow member(s)

      This group opens at the time BBC 1 has shown three episodes of series
      three and when UK TV Drama is showing series two.

      I enjoy discussing good drama and would like to extend a welcome to
      anybody else who likes to do the same.

      If you have not been a member of a group before and don't know how
      one works,feel free to ask questions.

      Good luck,

      Joyce
    • Gem
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 21, 2004
        Hi Joyce!

        I finally made it over here - took me ages to set up a yahoo account
        as my internet connection is reeeeally slow at the moment. However, I
        think I was fairly lucky in seeing your message when I did - it's
        been removed already, and I was left thinkng 'now, I didn't imagine
        that, did I?' but then I found the group listed this morning so it's
        all worked out ok. I'm not sure how to let the others know about it
        though - unless they were online at the right time yesterday they
        won't have seen your message... any ideas?

        Thanks for setting this up - I'll be back later to start discussing!

        Gem :-)
      • joyteach1
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 21, 2004
          --- In inspectorlynley@..., "Gem"
          <blue_sugar_mice@y...> wrote:
          > Hi Joyce!
          >
          > I finally made it over here - took me ages to set up a yahoo
          account
          > as my internet connection is reeeeally slow at the moment. However,
          > think I was fairly lucky in seeing your message when I did - it's
          > been removed already, and I was left thinkng 'now, I didn't imagine
          > that, did I?' but then I found the group listed this morning so
          it's
          > all worked out ok. I'm not sure how to let the others know about it
          > though - unless they were online at the right time yesterday they
          > won't have seen your message... any ideas?
          >
          > Thanks for setting this up - I'll be back later to start discussing!
          >
          > Gem :-)

          Hello Gem,

          Welcome aboard !

          Thanks for joining. I don't know whether anybody else will know about
          the group as the message got removed fairly quickly. Apparently the
          BBC thought I was posting details of a website or something.

          It's quite exciting. I've never been seen as an internet baddie
          before. :-)

          It's a pity if nobody else has had the chance to see the info before
          it was removed. Let's hope some people saw it and remember enough
          about it to do a search.

          In yahoo! groups the messages get archived, so anyone who joins later
          will be able to read everything that's been posted to the board.

          Apparently many parts of the kingdom have been without electricity
          today and the weather conditions have been too bad for the engineers
          to fix all the problems. I daresay some of the big computers used by
          the internet companies could have been affected, which would be one
          reason the internet has been slow at times today.

          Looking forwoard to some discussions,

          Joyce
        • Gem
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 21, 2004
            LOL! Internet baddie Joyce!
            It would definately be a shame if everyone else missed your message -
            do you think I should try leaving some subtle hints? I don't want you
            to get in trouble again!

            Have you read any of the books? I can't remember if you said you had
            or not on the BBC board. I'd be interested to know how much the progs
            differed from the books - I think I'd quite like to have a go at
            reading them myself, but would like to see all the episodes first. Or
            maybe I wouldn't, as then I'd know 'whodunnit'. But then, maybe it'd
            ruin the programs if I read the books... Argh! I don't know! What do
            you think?!

            Gem
          • louise_ukstar
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 26, 2004
              Heya! Saw your message Gem! Glad to join!
              About the books, I've read 2 so far.. try reading 'a great
              deliverance' its the first one and its really good! It at the stage
              when Havers hates Lynley!

              Lou x
            • joyteach1
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 26, 2004
                Hello Lou,

                Glad you saw Gem's message !

                Mine was removed by the hosts. Luckily, Gem saw it before the BBC
                hosts removed it. Her reply to me appears to be missing from the
                board too.
                I've just uploaded a file of my original message. I'll be adding the
                BBC's emails about it and my response,in case anybody is interested.

                Feel free to read and respond to any of the messages on the board,or
                to post your own. You can see what we've posted so far by clicking
                on 'messages' in the menu on the left hand side of the group page.

                Thanks for joining,

                Joyce

                --- In inspectorlynley@..., "louise_ukstar"
                <louise@m...> wrote:
                > Heya! Saw your message Gem! Glad to join!
                > About the books, I've read 2 so far.. try reading 'a great
                > deliverance' its the first one and its really good! It at the stage
                > when Havers hates Lynley!
                >
                > Lou x
              • Val
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005

                  Thanks Debbie for your kind words. It seems I have joined at a very appropriate moment. As I see that the new series of

                  The Inspector Lynley Mysteries starts the week beginning 12th March 2003 on the BBC in the UK

                  Val.

                • GlowFrog
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                    Actually, Val - the BBC site says this THURSDAY 4
                    MARCH!!

                    Woohoo!!

                    --- Val <valerie.britton@...> wrote:
                    > Thanks Debbie for your kind words. It seems I have
                    > joined at a very
                    > appropriate moment. As I see that the new series of
                    >
                    > The Inspector Lynley Mysteries starts the week
                    > beginning 12th March 2003 on
                    > the BBC in the UK
                    >

                    > Val.

                  • GlowFrog
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                      Here's the link:

                      http://www.bbc.co.uk/drama/lynley.shtml

                      --- Val <valerie.britton@...> wrote:
                      > Thanks Debbie for your kind words. It seems I have
                      > joined at a very
                      > appropriate moment. As I see that the new series of
                      >
                      > The Inspector Lynley Mysteries starts the week
                      > beginning 12th March 2003 on
                      > the BBC in the UK
                      >

                      > Val.

                    • GlowFrog
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                        DOH!

                        I got the year a bit wrong... ^_^

                        Where did you get this date, Val?

                        Elisabeth

                        --- Val <valerie.britton@...> wrote:
                        > Thanks Debbie for your kind words. It seems I have
                        > joined at a very
                        > appropriate moment. As I see that the new series of
                        >
                        > The Inspector Lynley Mysteries starts the week
                        > beginning 12th March 2003 on
                        > the BBC in the UK
                        >

                        > Val.

                      • Debby phielix
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 1, 2005
                          You're welcome Val. It seems that i have to get some video tapes ready then. I didn't see anything abuot march 4 in my tv guide. It's a charity evening (i think). I hope we will see Lynley the week after that.
                          Debby

                          Thanks Debbie for your kind words. It seems I have joined at a very appropriate moment. As I see that the new series of

                          The Inspector Lynley Mysteries starts the week beginning 12th March 2003 on the BBC in the UK

                          Val.

                          Add FUN to your email - CLICK HERE!