Re: Whose Photo?

  • guenhwyvarap
    Message 1 of 57 , Sep 1, 2006
      --- In inspectorlynley@..., "kritty1010"
      <kritty1010@y...> wrote:

      > Last night ASV was on tv, and I saw I detail that I had missed
      before: In ne of the
      > various "getting ready" scenes leading up the engagement party, Lady
      Asherton is
      > shown holding a black and white wedding photograph in her hand. The
      Good Doctor
      > then says something like "Look at you", to which she responds "Look
      at *you*", and
      > then there is a kiss timed to by interrupted by Lynley (*when* will
      >he learn to knock).

      LOL.

      > My question: who is in the photograph?

      I had always assumed it was a photo of her husband. I hadn't really
      scrutinized the dress that they were wearing. I'm guessing Lady A is
      around my father's age though, so she wouldn't be quite old enough to
      be married in the 40's and even if she were, to not start having
      children until the 60's? Doesn't make sense.

      It would make sense though that she'd have a wedding photograph of
      herself and her husband out though and I don't think it too odd that
      she would look at it even if her "boyfriend" (he seems more than that)
      were around. After all, the doctor had been with her since before her
      husband died and had known her husband and this was the occasion of
      her own son's engagement, so it makes sense she'd be looking at a
      photograph of his father and remembering when she'd married him. I
      assume her marriage had been a happy one. We aren't given many clues
      about it in the films.

      Maybe "they" don't intend for us to think in such detail about these
      films as we do. Actually, I'm quite certain they don't, LOL. Still,
      attention to detail really does add to the quality of a programme and
      the lack of it can really detract.

      Tracy
    • guenhwyvarap
      Message 57 of 57 , Sep 3, 2006
        --- In inspectorlynley@..., "pat" <tours37250@y...> wrote:

        > Being allergic to gold and silver I can't wear mine on my finger .
        But >I wear it on a ribbon since the day I had to withdraw it .

        I did this also, when I could not wear my ring towards the end of my
        first pregnancy.

        > My family blames me for that , they think I should find something
        I'm >not allergic too . But I just want the one I got nearly 30 years
        go >ago .

        I would feel the same way you do. Anyway, who cares if you wear it on
        your finger or on a ribbon? You're still wearing it. The meaning is
        still the same. In Germany, the wedding ring is worn on the right
        hand. We wear ours on the left. I wanted to leave my ring on the
        hand it was placed on when I married. It doesn't mean any less because
        everyone else here wears theirs on their other hand.

        Tracy