Audio Books?

  • trixta999
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
      Okay, so this might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if Nat's ever done any audio books? I was watching him in Merlin tonight, and honestly, he just has the most gorgeous speaking voice. Obviously this is not new information...

      So, to prevent my impending tangent, I'll summarise with: audio books? Anyone know?

      Cheers,
      Tricki x
    • Joyce Hackney
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
        Yes !
        And he reads beautifully. He speaks much more clearly than on the TV too.
        I agree that he has a terrific voice for characterisation. He's also been in a number of radio plays,as have Helen Fielding, Sharon Small and many of the Lynley guest artists. I can't remember if he's read A Book at Bedtime twice or three times.

        Joyce

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
          Thanks to audible I have the whole Artemis Fowl series as audio books and Nathaniel Parker did an AWESOME job with them.( I know that they are clasified as youth books but adults also love this series. I sure do.)

          As far as I know, there are several other audio  books he made, including "WIth No One as Witness", some classics (David Copperfield) and some other  youth books. Just check amazon or audible.

          Christina

          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
            When I typed in audio books by Nathaniel Parker on Amazon.com several titles appeared.  The ones listed seemed to be young adult stories.

            Barbara H (not Havers)

             Dogs Have Owners,
            Cats Have Staff

            Beautiful young people are an accident of nature
            Beutiful old people are a work of art
                          Eleanor Roosevelt

                                                                                                                                                &nb sp;

            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
              EDIT: I just found this list of audio books he made on his official website:

              http://www.nathanielparker.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=72&Itemid=246

              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
                The BBC Radio Collection is another useful place to look.

                Joyce

              • RaggedyPal@aol.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 29, 2011
                  THIS WOULD BE THE MAKINGS OF MY CHRISTMAS LIST.    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 31, 2011
                    Thank you all so much for your help!  I LOVE Artemis Fowl as well, and I completely agree that this is the makings of my Christmas list :D  Also, must hear the audio book of With No One As Witness!  I wish he and Sharon would go back and narrate all the books from the beginning.  It would be like having the show back...

                    Xx