54Marry in Shawaal

  • zabra_scrap
    Aug 31, 2012

      Bismillaah Slm

      Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatu Dear Brothers & Sisters in Islam

      While driving with my hubby one night, we heard about the Prophet (SAW)'s marriage to Aisha (RA) on the 12th of Shawaal, and how Aisha (RA) had advised others to marry in that month.

      2012 Hadith 11, Scrapped with Michelle McCoy's Cocoa Red kits, available at her store at www.scrapbookmax.com and www.craftyscrapsstore.com

      You can download this file for printing at my blog http://zabrascrap.blogspot.com later today

      Of course I couldn't wait to come home and check when on the Islamic calendar we had gotten married. I knew it hadn't been long after Ramadaan….(You can check your wedding date too on http://www.islamicfinder.org/dateConversion.php ) . . Alhamdulilaah, I was bursting with excitement when I found out our marriage had indeed taken place in Shawaal, not on the 12th like the Prophet (SAW) but on the 18th . . .

      I know many of us are already married and settled, but wouldn't it be lovely if our children, cousins, nephews and nieces chose their wedding dates with this in mind? Afterall, only good can come from following the example of the Prophet (SAW) – (admittedly, I have no idea when he married any of his other wives!).

      But talking of marriage, let us make a habit of making a special dua that Allah (SWA) blesses all of our marriages, and all of our families. . . That Allah (SWA) keep both our marriages and our families strong through all the challenges we face from day to day. . . For, through each marriage a "new" family is born . . . It is our marriages that give our families and communities stability and strength, and our children confidence. It is also through the examples we set within our families that our youngsters learn the values and morals that will guide them as they navigate life's challenges.

      May Allah (SWA) help us to just set good examples, but rather the very best examples we can, for they deserve nothing less…  Let us not worry about giving our children "things", but rather give them the best of ourselves, share with them our knowledge and love for Allah (SWA) and Islam, and equip them with the skills for becoming pious and successful Muslims and leaders in their own right.

      May we each inspire all around us with the beauty of Islam and our love for Allah (SWA) and his Beloved Messenger Nabi Muhammad (SAW),  Insha-Allah, Ameen

      Wishing you, your family, friends and loved ones a Jumuah Mubarak!!

      Fi amaanillah - I leave you in the protection of Allah (S.W.A.)

      Wasalaamu Alaykum Wa Raghmatullaahi Wa Barakaatu

      Zaida

      View the hadiths I scrapped on Facebook – invite Zabra Scrap, and join my group Inspirez

      The scrapbook kits used in my Jumuah emails are by Michelle McCoy, and can be purchased at her store at Scrapbook Max or www.craftyscrapsstore.com Today's Hadith and Quran verse was both scrapped using her Cocoa Red kit.

      Direct link to her store: http://www.scrapbookmax.com/digital-scrapbooking-kits/brands/Michelle-McCoy.html?sort=newest