59Thul Hijjah draws near & the best provisions for hajj

  • zabra_scrap
    Oct 12, 2012

      Bismillaah Slm

      Assalaamu Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatu Dear Brothers & Sisters in Islam

       Hadith1 - Page 18

      The journey of Hajj is such an all encompassing journey, where we are tested in ways big and small, and Insha-Allah, with Allah (SWA)'s mercy and guidance, grow in all areas of our lives. . .

      Especially when I'm on Hajj or Umrah, I make a habit of not missing Salaatu Duha. I remember one afternoon, where I wasn't too keen to walk in the hot sun, to the Haram (Makkatul Mukarrama). So I went down and sat in a shuttle nice an early, confident that I'd still have ample time to make my Salaatul Duha in the haram. Tick, tock, tick, tock, time passed and with it my impatience grew. Then the driver was finally ready to leave, and an elderly lady comes rushing out of the hotel and stops the shuttle, as her husband was "on his way". . . Tick, Tock, tick, tock, my impatience was swiftly turning to frustration, verging on angry disappointment, that I wasn't going to make it in time. After a loooong wait, we were finally on our way…

      I remember sending my sister (in SA) an sms telling her how frustrated I was. Her reply was so simple: Make salaah sitting where you are. So obvious!! Yet, in my emotional and single minded state, it simply hadn't dawned on me. Yes, it wasn't the same as salaah in the haram, but at least I wouldn't be missing it completely.

      For me, this is just a simple reminder that life will throw curveballs your way not matter how good your intentions. The challenge is to make the most of the situation. The other reminder for me is that when I'm emotional, the obvious "next best" solutions aren't always clearly visible. I need be calm in order to think clearly (and creatively) so as to make the most of whatever the situation may be.

      As Thul Qada draws to a closer, our thoughts and duas turn to the Hujaaj, and the great honour awaiting them in Thul Hijjah (Wed is the 1st of Thul Hijjah) . . . Our eyes fill with tears of gratitude, as in our hearts we relive our own hajj memories... While we may not have been granted the great honour of being Allah (SWA)'s honoured guests this year, let us still strive to draw closer to Allah (SWA) and reap the rewards of this sacred time. . .

      Let us unite with our hujaaj, particularly during the blessed first ten days of Thul Hijjah . . . Let us open our hearts in generosity and kindness, and increase our ibaadat & fast particularly on the greatest of days, the day of Arafat. . . Let us revive the sunnah of reciting the takbir throughout these 10 days (first 10 days of Thul Hijjah) . . . May we all reap the rewards of these great days, and may Allah (SWA) keep us every rightly guided, Insha-Allah, Ameen.

      Wishing you, your family, friends and loved ones a Jumuah Mubarak!!

      Fi amaanillah - I leave you in the protection of Allah (S.W.A.)

      Wasalaamu Alaykum Wa Raghmatullaahi Wa Barakaatu

      Zaida

      View the hadiths I scrapped on Facebook – invite Zabra Scrap, and join my group Inspirez

      Today, these beautiful verses from the Glorious Qur'an were scrapped with Kristmess's Voyager kit available at GottaPixel.net