231Ann Susanna King b. 1820 Essex

  • Mike Ward
    May 30, 2009

      As many of you will know, I have been trying to find out who my gt gt grandmother was.   The entry on the census is unclear and has been transcribed as New Hey, Essex but this place does not exist.   I have now obtained a birth certificate for my gt grandfather Robert King b. 1846 Brighton , Sussex and his mother was Ann Piper (as I had already guessed).   I am now trying to find her parents and am guessing that her father could be  James Piper b. 1784 Manuden, Essex (as her second son was named James).   Ann Susanna Piper’s daughter is Ann Abigail, and James Piper b. 1784 was married to Abigail Joslin.  James b. 1784  parents were Robert m. to Susannah Levey.  Am I making too many guesses??   Has anyone an idea how I can find Ann Susanna’s parents as obviously she was born before GRO Index and she is not on Family Seach or Rootsweb.   It’s driving me mad – any help would be appreciated.

      Sue Ward (nee King)

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic