253new data

  • Jenni Ibrahim
    Aug 17, 2009
      Hi all
      Thanks for the updates Michael and Andy.

      I am still recovering from my hard disk failure 4 weeks ago. Had to take my CPU with
      me to Malaysia for warranty repair. Just got back in the early hours this morning,
      hand-carrying my repaired (almost new) CPU. Will take me some time to load windows
      and all other programs and transfer my backup data, so, not ready for Michael's big
      gedcom yet. But will be.

      Just wanted to tell you all of my family history activity when in Malaysia (90%
      humidity, 25C at night, 35C by day) the past 10 days where my son was married. I
      visited my (ex) sister-in-law in Ipoh. Hadn't seen her for many years. I asked her
      about my late ex husband's (and her) family of origin. There were almost no dates,
      or women mentioned, but she brought out a document giving, wait for it, 37
      generations from my late father in law back to his Malay and Arab ancestors!
      Amazing. I tried to hold back my excitement when asking her whether a photocopy
      might be possible. I copied down about 6 generations.

      (My son's father and I divorced 20 years ago, he remarried immediately and then died
      about 4 years ago. I wanted to record some of the Malay line for my son. He's almost
      32, not yet interested in family history but now that he's finally married, and
      starting to talk about children, I guess he may be one day, when I'm gone.)

      Happy researching

      Regards
      Jenni in Perth

      On Sun Aug 16 18:36 , king_quainton@... sent:

      >King family tree - Quainton
      >

      > King family tree - Quainton
      >

      > Messages In This Digest (2
      > Messages)
      >

      > 1.1.
      >
      > Busy on the King line
      > From:
      > Michael Ross
      > 1.2.
      >
      > SV: [king_quainton] Busy on the King line
      > From:
      > Andy Hyde
      >

      > View All Topics | Create New Topic
      >

      > Messages
      >

      > 1.1.
      >

      > Busy on the King line
      >
      > Posted by: "Michael Ross"
      > michael.ross6@...
      >

      > michael.ross6@...
      >

      > Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:14 pm
      >

      > Hi All,
      >

      >Have been busy for the last month and a half, have processed 600 emails on
      genesreunited for links to King information that I inputted from Andy Hyde's tree.
      All that work has yielded about 350 more entries on my tree. I have downloaded the
      information to my tribalpages tree tonight. If you want an updated copy of my
      gedcom file (3mb), please let me know.

      >regards,
      >
      >Michael Ross
      >
      >Melbourne Australia
      >

      > Back to top
      >
      > Reply to sender
      > |

      > Reply to group

      > Messages in this topic
      > (3)
      >
      > 1.2.
      >

      > SV: [king_quainton] Busy on the King line
      >
      > Posted by: "Andy Hyde"
      > andy@...
      >

      > andyhyde2002
      >

      > Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:16 pm
      >

      > Sounds great Michael. I'd love a copy of the GEDCOM. Any chance too of a
      >
      >hint to what is new as finding it maybe difficult as your tree is no doubt
      >
      >getting quite big! I'm glad that my tree came in use too.
      >

      >I've not been active with my tree during the summer as there is always
      >
      >something else to do while the days are so long. As the nights draw in I'll
      >
      >get back in front of the computer. I see you have tipped a few more King
      >
      >connections about the King Yahoo group. Thanks for that. I'll think about
      >
      >starting some discussion topics starting at the top of our connected lines
      >
      >to make sure we all agree with the information in the tree. I think we now
      >
      >have so much information that confirming it from all the sources we have
      >
      >will be useful.
      >

      >All the best from a now much colder Norway, Thurday it was only 5 deg. C
      >
      >when I went to work!, and it is still supposed to be summer.
      >

      >Andy
      >

      >_____

      Traditional