      Andy,

      I have most of the Thomas Layton 1851 info already on my tree.

      Also;

      Name: Charles David KING Given Name: Charles David Surname: King Sex: M Birth: 22 Aug 1885 in Minyip, Victoria, Australia 1 Death: 1 Dec 1917 in France 1 2 1 Change Date: 9 Nov 2009 at 22:26 Note: Was in France during war 1914-1918

      You can find his enlistment paperwork at the Australian National Archives  http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch/index.aspx  My Genes tree also has 2nd child for  Robert Charles MOFFITT b: 21 Apr 1943 in Armidale, , New South Wales, Australia My Genes tree also has husband and children of Charlotte Marion KING 1879 in Minyip, Victoria, Australia
        regards,
        Michael Ross
        Noble Park Melbourne Australia
        ----- Original Message -----
        From: Andy
        Sent: Tuesday, November 10, 2009 9:17 AM
        Subject: [king_quainton] Here I am again!

        I'm back in front of the computer. Winter has arrived in Norway. We've had our first snow and I think of Australia just starting summer! And thinking of Australia I just added a new branch to my tree from Aus from a contact on Genes Reunited. A new bit of the Minyip / Birchip line. These are from Thomas Layton 1851 via his son William Hector 1882. I now have William Hector's line down to the present for one branch.

        Other than that I have 6 pages of GR mails to go through but there is always something good in them. I added 3 new generation to the top of a line on my father's side from one new contact.

        If anyone knows what Geocaching is (if not skip to the next message!), then that is what I have been up to in the summer. I have started two Travel Bugs (roaming game pieces) with a King theme. One of the started out in Middle Claydon, Bucks. and is on his way to Adelaide. If any one in any of your families in Aus. does Geocaching maybe it will get to you in a few years. (Geocaching is described as orienteering for nerds. Using a GPS device to find hidden boxes in towns and countryside)

        I know we had several new members via Michael Ross not too long ago. Do you need any information or clarification, if so let the group know, we'll be glad to help? Even better if you have something new please feel free to share it.

        Andy