74Re: Welcome to our new members

  • bagnva
    May 19, 2007
      -Hi, Andy, I though everyone had gone into hibernation as there was
      not response to my last email. Glad to hear from you. I am also
      involved in other things at this time. I'm in a history research class
      and have to write a course syllbus on Elizabeth I from a
      histeriographic point of view. Interesting. So, I haven't been doing
      any research lately either. There is only 3 week left in this term so
      will be back to it soon. I answer to your question about a bible
      there is one. The person who has it is Dorothy Ayres, she is a
      elderly lady who lives in the Almshouse next to the parish church in
      Quainton. It is Joseph Kings bible from the mid 1800, unfortunately
      the notation in it don't go back into the 1700's and what there is of
      the 1800's is not complete. I still really think we could gain a lot
      of information from the wills. I don't know whether or not you read
      the last will I posted. I do have the Hughes will that is mention in
      it and will try to post it. Valerie
      -- In king_quainton@..., "andyhyde2002" <andy@...> wrote:

      > Its been a bit quiet recently. I moved house last week and havn't got
      > an Internet connection yet. Still it gives me time to do some things
      > that are probably much more important!! I'm in Dallas at the moment and
      > with wireless connections in every hotel nowardays and little to do in
      > the evenings I can do some more unnecessary things.
      >
      > Just before I lost internet we had a few new members in the group and
      > would be interested to hear where they come into the King tree. Maybe
      > you have some info we do not have, someone in the decendants of Charles
      > King must have a family bible or other information - we hope!
      >
      > Looking forward to hearing from you.
      >
      > Andy

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic