Mary

  • Jenni Ibrahim
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 17, 2009
      King family tree - Quainton

      In April Neale Ferguson posted the immigration record into Sydney of Thomas Layton King (the elder) and family, including 3 year old Edward and the infant Mary Anne, as in

      KING Mary Anne 34 Maria 1850 Sydney and/or Newcastle and
      family Reel 2136, [4/4786] Page 607; Reel 2461, [4/4918]”

      (The Mary Anne shown on the passenger list is registered at birth as May Anne.)

      Does anyone know whether this is the same person as the Ann King, daughter of Thomas Layton King (elder) who married John Lemon? Or did TLK and MAB have 7 children? Not even sure where I got John Lemon’s name from. (Wasn’t Apple Records, that’s for sure). Think it was Mark King’s hand-written account of the family history.

      Jenni

    • Michael Ross
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009
        Jenni,

        One of TLK wives was a Mary Ann Richards 1833

        I have TLK child May Ann 1849 married to John Lemmon.

        Don't know if this helps you.

        regards,
        Michael Ross
        Noble Park Melbourne

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009
          Famous Kings?

          AAT Kings travel in Australia.  Does anyone know if we are related to any other famous King's?

          Stephen King the writer?
          Bernard King the celebrity chef in Australia?,  etc.

          regards,
          Michael Ross
        • Michael Ross
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009
            Hi Your Serial Pest Here,

            I have a genesreunited member who has asked the following question,  if anybody knows any further info on Susannah it would be much appreciated.

            Dear Michael
            Thank you for your prompt reply.
            My grandfather was Thomas Harman. He married Susannah King c1877 in1902 and they moved to Enfield. They were still together in 1911 but divorced in 1923. Thomas then married again. My father did not know his father had been married previously until we started doing family history. WE have no idea what happened to Susannah after the divorce and would love to know. Do you know? I'm nt sure you even knew they were divorced.
            We live in NSW - my parents in Sydney and my hisband and I in northern NSW.
            I have allowed access to my tree. I would love to know if you have any other info on Susnnah
            Olga Dawes

            regards,

            Michael Ross

            Noble Park Melbourne

          • bagnva@netscape.net
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 19, 2009

              Sorry Michael I don't have a Susannah with that birth date.  Valerie