Here I am again!

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 9, 2009
      I'm back in front of the computer. Winter has arrived in Norway. We've had our first snow and I think of Australia just starting summer! And thinking of Australia I just added a new branch to my tree from Aus from a contact on Genes Reunited. A new bit of the Minyip / Birchip line. These are from Thomas Layton 1851 via his son William Hector 1882. I now have William Hector's line down to the present for one branch.

      Other than that I have 6 pages of GR mails to go through but there is always something good in them. I added 3 new generation to the top of a line on my father's side from one new contact.

      If anyone knows what Geocaching is (if not skip to the next message!), then that is what I have been up to in the summer. I have started two Travel Bugs (roaming game pieces) with a King theme. One of the started out in Middle Claydon, Bucks. and is on his way to Adelaide. If any one in any of your families in Aus. does Geocaching maybe it will get to you in a few years. (Geocaching is described as orienteering for nerds. Using a GPS device to find hidden boxes in towns and countryside)

      I know we had several new members via Michael Ross not too long ago. Do you need any information or clarification, if so let the group know, we'll be glad to help? Even better if you have something new please feel free to share it.

      Andy
    • bagnva@netscape.net
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 9, 2009
        Hi Andy,
        The group has been quiet for sometime.  I really have been too busy to do much geneology as I finish a local studies course at Exeter on line in May, went to see my daughter in Egypt this summer and now am back in front of the computer doing the Advance Diploma course at Oxford in Local History which will take me through to next July.  It a great course but a lot of work, maybe if I was a little more organized I would not be pulling my hair out this week as our second essay is due next Monday.  Valerie.

        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 12, 2009
          Hi All,

          So much work to do!!!  3000 genesreunited contacts who have updated their trees with new info, The King's are on my mothers side, sorry, I have been very busy for the last 3 months on my father's side and still have 700 emails to get thru.  my fathers side link back to the royal families of Europe and UK via the Plantagenet's,Tudors,Stewarts,Bruces,  emailled Elizabeth, William, Harry, Charles and Beatrice Windsor,  re matches to Lady Dianna Spencer and Elizabeth Windsor. As you can image,  the royal lines are well documented back to the around King Henry I "Beauclerc" of England 1100-35 and Gudbiorg Ofeigsson 870 of Norway and therefore unlimited amounts of info to get thru,  should take me a few years.

          Yes, still spring in Australia but we have just had 4 straight days in the 30's (Celsius),  here comes a long hot summer.  I prefer the cold,  do you want to swap??

          regards,
          Michael Ross
          Melbourne

        • bagnva@netscape.net
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 12, 2009
            Michael,  I would rather have the warm weather, it is starting to get down into the 30-40F here and the snow level is suppose to drop to 1500 ft this weekend.  I was house bound for about 2 wks last year even though I am at about 1,000 ft.  Really need to go out and stock up just in case.  Valerie

[...]

            07:38:00

          • Michael Ross
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 25, 2010
              Hi Andy,

              Can you send me a file of the new info?

              thanks,
              Michael Ross
              Noble Park Melbourne Australia

              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 27, 2010

                Hi Andy

                Does your most current tree sit on Genes Reunited or Ancestry?

                Jenni in hot Perth

              • Andy Hyde
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 2, 2010
                  Hi,

                  I have just published my tree on both Ancestry and RootsWeb at http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?db=andyhyde1964. I noticed that the last update was April 2009. I now have 10070 people in the tree, wow.

                  A coincidence in my tree is that my Great Great Grandfather, a Charles Dawson King married Sarah King from Quainton. Charles Dawson was from Northampton and I have just received a great contact on that line too so I think I'm becomeing a King Schizofrenic trying to do two King lines together. Of course I hope they meet at the top but there is no sign they will at the moment.

                  Andy

                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 4, 2010
                    Andy,

                    I have most of the Thomas Layton 1851 info already on my tree.

                    Also;

                    Name: Charles David KING Given Name: Charles David Surname: King Sex: M Birth: 22 Aug 1885 in Minyip, Victoria, Australia 1 Death: 1 Dec 1917 in France 1 2 1 Change Date: 9 Nov 2009 at 22:26 Note: Was in France during war 1914-1918

                    You can find his enlistment paperwork at the Australian National Archives  http://www.naa.gov.au/collection/recordsearch/index.aspx  My Genes tree also has 2nd child for  Robert Charles MOFFITT b: 21 Apr 1943 in Armidale, , New South Wales, Australia My Genes tree also has husband and children of Charlotte Marion KING 1879 in Minyip, Victoria, Australia