Happy New Year 2012

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2012
      Hi Kings of Quainton members

      Happy New Year. Even though the group hasn't been especially active I hope the your research has been fruitfull in 2011 and will continue so in 2012.

      I was back in the UK in Quainton several times last year and it is allways nice to be "back home". My King line from Quainton joins the Layton line also from the same area. Several children from around 1830-1850 had Layton King as a middle / surname combination. Two sons of Edward king (b. 1792 Shipton Lee) and Ann Layton emigrated to Australia. Thomas Layton King in 1850 and Charles Edward king in 1847.

      Charles Edward went gold digging and actually made some money which was used to build a farmstead near Georgetown in South Australia which he called Aylesbury. Thomas Layton ended up in the same area and both lived in Morphett Vale south of Adelaide for a while.

      Me and my family are taking a holiday to Australia in December and if possible we are going to try and find the farmstead as it is no far from where we will be visiting (distance is relative!).

      We hope to meet up with distant relatives in both Perth and Adelaide.

      All the best for 2012

      Andy Hyde