BOYES

  • Fiona Baker
    Message 1 of 9 , 1 Apr 08:36
      Hi Girls

      Here is a message from Anne:

      Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn in that is really super, its New Pure Merina Wool, in about twelve really excellent colours, I haven't seen anything like this for years. Not cheap but really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to publish this on knitting natter news page as I am sure you will be impressed with it. Love A

      Fi xx

    • Katie Lord
      Message 2 of 9 , 1 Apr 10:12
        ARGH, must remember to avoid Boyes then, could be very
        bad for my diet!!
        Katie
        http://knitdaisies.blogspot.com

        --- Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@...> wrote:

        > Hi Girls
        >
        > Here is a message from Anne:
        >
        > Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn
        > in that is really super, its New Pure Merina Wool,
        > in about twelve really excellent colours, I haven't
        > seen anything like this for years. Not cheap but
        > really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to
        > publish this on knitting natter news page as I am
        > sure you will be impressed with it. Love A
        >
        > Fi xx

        > removed]

      • seahorseclaire
        Message 3 of 9 , 1 Apr 12:19
          Thanks for that! I shall pop in tomorrow. Just to look of course... ;)

          Claire

          --- In knitlincs@..., Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@...> wrote:

          > Hi Girls
          >
          > Here is a message from Anne:
          >
          > Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn in that is
          really super, its New Pure Merina Wool, in about twelve really
          excellent colours, I haven't seen anything like this for years. Not
          cheap but really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to publish
          this on knitting natter news page as I am sure you will be impressed
          with it. Love A

          > Fi xx

        • seahorseclaire
          Message 4 of 9 , 2 Apr 08:27
            I've had a look in Boyes in Lincoln and couldn't see any. Maybe it was
            at a diferent branch? (Or possibly I'm blind, lol!). Anyone have any
            more details?

            Claire

            --- In knitlincs@..., Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@...> wrote:

            > Hi Girls
            >
            > Here is a message from Anne:
            >
            > Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn in that is
            really super, its New Pure Merina Wool, in about twelve really
            excellent colours, I haven't seen anything like this for years. Not
            cheap but really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to publish
            this on knitting natter news page as I am sure you will be impressed
            with it. Love A

            > Fi xx

          • Fiona Baker
            Message 5 of 9 , 3 Apr 11:21
              Hi Claire

              My friend lives in Newark so it is probably that branch she has seen it in!!

              Fi x

              seahorseclaire <hippocampusstitcher@...> wrote:
              I've had a look in Boyes in Lincoln and couldn't see any. Maybe it was
              at a diferent branch? (Or possibly I'm blind, lol!). Anyone have any
              more details?

              Claire

              --- In knitlincs@..., Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@...> wrote:

              > Hi Girls
              >
              > Here is a message from Anne:
              >
              > Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn in that is
              really super, its New Pure Merina Wool, in about twelve really
              excellent colours, I haven't seen anything like this for years. Not
              cheap but really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to publish
              this on knitting natter news page as I am sure you will be impressed
              with it. Love A

              > Fi xx

            • seahorseclaire
              Message 6 of 9 , 3 Apr 11:42
                Thanks Fiona - maybe Lincoln will catch up! I'll keep checking and
                shall report back here if I see it :)

                Claire

                --- In knitlincs@..., Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@...> wrote:

                > Hi Claire
                >
                > My friend lives in Newark so it is probably that branch she has
                seen it in!!

                > Fi x
                >
                > seahorseclaire <hippocampusstitcher@...> wrote:
                > I've had a look in Boyes in Lincoln and couldn't see any.
                Maybe it was
                > at a diferent branch? (Or possibly I'm blind, lol!). Anyone have any
                > more details?
                >
                > Claire
                >
                > --- In knitlincs@..., Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hi Girls
                > >
                > > Here is a message from Anne:
                > >
                > > Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn in that is
                > really super, its New Pure Merina Wool, in about twelve really
                > excellent colours, I haven't seen anything like this for years. Not
                > cheap but really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to publish
                > this on knitting natter news page as I am sure you will be impressed
                > with it. Love A
                > >
                > > Fi xx

              • seahorseclaire
                Message 7 of 9 , 13 Apr 12:56
                  I still haven't seen any in Lincoln but I wonder if it was this stuff
                  - new from J C Brett. Boyes stock quite a few of their other yarns. It
                  looks lovely!

                  http://www.readicut.co.uk/product.asp?sectID=KN&pf_id=63EV&recno=6

                  Also very good prices at Diannes:

                  http://www.cpu-enterprises.com/brett/main.htm

                  Claire

                  --- In knitlincs@..., Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Girls
                  >
                  > Here is a message from Anne:
                  >
                  > Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn in that is
                  really super, its New Pure Merina Wool, in about twelve really
                  excellent colours, I haven't seen anything like this for years. Not
                  cheap but really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to publish
                  this on knitting natter news page as I am sure you will be impressed
                  with it. Love A

                  > Fi xx

                • seahorseclaire
                  Message 8 of 9 , 16 Apr 03:10
                    Apologies for talking to myself but I have been into Boyes in Lincoln
                    this morning and they do indeed have the new J C Brett Merino DK. It's
                    £2.49 for a 50g/124m ball and there are twelve really nice modern
                    colours. Well worth a look I think.

                    Claire

                    --- In knitlincs@..., "seahorseclaire"
                    <hippocampusstitcher@...> wrote:

                    > I still haven't seen any in Lincoln but I wonder if it was this stuff
                    > - new from J C Brett. Boyes stock quite a few of their other yarns. It
                    > looks lovely!
                    >
                    > http://www.readicut.co.uk/product.asp?sectID=KN&pf_id=63EV&recno=6
                    >
                    > Also very good prices at Diannes:
                    >
                    > http://www.cpu-enterprises.com/brett/main.htm
                    >
                    > Claire
                    >

                    > --- In knitlincs@..., Fiona Baker <cupboard_cat@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi Girls
                    > >
                    > > Here is a message from Anne:
                    > >
                    > > Went into Boyes today and they have some new yarn in that is
                    > really super, its New Pure Merina Wool, in about twelve really
                    > excellent colours, I haven't seen anything like this for years. Not
                    > cheap but really so good, Perhaps Fiona you would like to publish
                    > this on knitting natter news page as I am sure you will be impressed
                    > with it. Love A
                    > >
                    > > Fi xx

                  • Fiona Baker
                    Message 9 of 9 , 16 Apr 03:13