Knitting for women campaign.....

  • Nicola Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hi everyone, I hope you all survived the earthquake. My geology-mad
      husband was (and still is for that matter!) so excited that we had
      the epi-centre of an earthquake so close to us.

      A lady from Oxfam has contacted us to see if we would be interested
      in joining a campaign to highlight the need for more health care
      services and health workers in developing countries, specifically
      focusing on maternal mortality rates.

      They are launching a campaign working with knitting groups asking
      people to knit 9inch sqaures to go towards a blanket that will then
      be sewn up and taken to Gordon Brown in September.

      It sounds like a really good campaign and I saw something about it on
      the BBC website over the weekend so I am interested in joining in.
      How about anyone else?

      The woman at Oxfam has sent me a file with some more info on it so
      I'll upload that to the files bit of the group for you to have a look
      at. Let me know what you think and I'll get back to her about it.

      Thanks a lot

      Nic
    • katie_daisy_lord
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 6, 2008
        Hmm, well I'm visiting Newark this weekend to reassure myself that my
        house is still standing after the earthquake! I'm sure someone would
        have told me by now if it wasn't, but you never know...

        The Oxfam campaign sounds like a good idea, and good knitting for me to
        take on holiday with me (and to use up some odds n ends in my stash!).
        I'll probably get started on some and then either drop them into a
        meeting sometime when I'm next in Lincolnshire or send them direct?

        Hopefully see you on Saturday at the Drill Hall!

        Katie
        http://knitdaisies.blogspot.com