Is this a record?

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 26, 2009
      I have amongst my socks 2 pairs that I usually wear every other week by the time it is their turn to be worn. I have never repaired/darned or reinforced these socks in any way. They do not have any holes or worn areas. They are looking a bit grey - they used to be white! But this is understandable as they are 30 YEARS OLD!!!

      Is this a record for old and still used socks? Has anybody else got some old or even older socks that they still use rather than keep for old times sake? I do not know why they have lasted so well, they were a pack of 4 cheap socks I bought from a catalogue in my teens (I know, sacrilege!) and the other 2 pairs wore out in the usual time frame. So why these are still going strong is a mystery.

      bw Sarah H