219Re: Twilight Imperium 3 - March Session TBC

      Count me in. This monster is a must-try. I'm told we should allow 8
      hours for a first game, so I reckon we schedule it for a Sunday 11.30
      till about 7.30. (I did once canvas, and people preferred that to
      the idea of 2.30 till about 10.30).

      In March, I could offer the 4th, 11th or 25th. I suggest George and
      Neil choose one, let me know, and I'll mail out to the members who
      don't visit this site. If Keith is keen, with his free Sunday's
      scarce, maybe he should tell George/Neil if any of those suit him
      best.

      Bob

      --- In lbgc@..., Allan Mertner <amyahoo@...> wrote:

      > Hi George,
      >
      > Assuming the date works, I'm definitely also game for this! The
      only
      > reason why I didn't sign up earlier is that Yahoo kept rejecting my
      > messages (for reasons I have now sorted out :)
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Allan
      > > So far we have 6 players signed up for a future game of TI3 but I
      > > would like to add a few more as we may not all be able to make the
      > > first session. The game takes some 5 to 6 hours to play from
      reading
      > > the articles on BGG but seems to have enough to keep the players
      > > focused.
      > >
      > > Considering TI3 is rated 27 in the top 50 of BGG and has over
      1600+
      > > ratings it has to be played, hopefully the game will live up to
      its
      > > reputation and will be worth scheduling a few times per year.
      > >
      > > If you not sure or do not know much about this epic game I suggest
      > > you look on BGG and follow this link for a game overview
      > > http://www.preeminent.org/steve/games/ti3/ti3demo/
      > >
      > > The game will be played with changes from the new Shattered Empire
      > > expansion that fixes many of the past issues.
      > >
      > > Members who have signed up for a future session.
      > > --- George Young
      > > --- Dave Bullion
      > > --- Neil Parker
      > > --- Marty Moller
      > > --- Keith Dowsett
      > > --- Karl S. Green
      > >
      > > How can we call ourselves games if we don't give this monster a
      > > chance……
      > >
      > > Roll up, Roll up… sign your lives to TI3
      > >
      > > Date to be Confirmed for March 2007
      > >

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic