255Re: Latest on Twilight Imperium 3 for 4 March

  • Marty M
    Feb 26, 2007
      Hi Stuart,

      It was good to meet you (albeit very briefly, as we were playing
      different games in different rooms) the other Sunday. I think I am
      the second most recent member of LBGC after yourself, having first
      attended in January this year.

      I hope you enjoy LBGC - I certainly have found it to be a friendly,
      welcoming and fun group. Bob is an excellent host, and it is a real
      pleasure to have the opportunity to play old and new games with a
      group of fellow gamers. What games do you own and play?

      I will be unable to attend this Sunday, but look forward to meeting
      you again in the future.

      Best wishes,

      Marty.

      --- In lbgc@..., "stuart_mckinley" <virtualstu@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi. As a new group member, I thought I'd post a quick message here
      by
      > way of introduction. I am looking forward to meeting more of you on
      > 4th and from what I have seen of TI3 I think it will be a great
      game.

      > Along with the file that George has uploaded, I've found some good
      > stuff on the forum pages of Fantasy Flight Games:
      >
      > http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=13
      > <http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=13>
      >
      > Theres some good posts on strategies for the different races -
      though
      > this may be more useful after we get a grip on the
      gameplay/mechanics.

      wrote:

      > > Everyone who is joining the TI3 game on 4th or just want to
      > > understand the rules please see the file I have uploaded to the
      > > Files area. This shows an averview of the basic game, however
      there
      > > will be some changes (e.g. Imperial Card, Board Setup) so I will
      try
      > > to post an updated version early next week.
      > >
      > > George Y
      > >
      > > --- In lbgc@..., "Founder." bobroscow@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > This is getting crazy ... in a nice way!
      > > >
      > > > Stuart M has now added himself to the list for 4 March (new guy,
      > > > played here last Sunday ... oh and beat Allan and Marty, so he's
      > > no
      > > > slouch!).
      > > >

      > > > So the updated list now stands as, in order of sign-up and
      > > therefore
      > > > precedence:
      > > >
      > > > George (it's his set!)
      > > > Dave
      > > > Neil (though technically he hasn't confirmed for 4th March yet)
      > > > Keith
      > > > Karl
      > > > Allan
      > > > me
      > > > Andrew
      > > > Marty (he signed up early, but recently said only a maybe for
      4th)
      > > > Stuart F (intends to be a watcher).
      > > > Stuart Mc
      > > >
      > > > That makes 11 of us so far. One more and I'll consider options
      of
      > > > TWO games of it simultaneously in parallel, one in my main room,
      > > one
      > > > upstaairs in the spare room. (extra dimension of fun, an even
      > > bigger
      > > > special one-off event)! I could ask Greg again, but last Nov he
      > > was
      > > > the man with the set, and pulled out at the last minute. But I
      > > seem
      > > > to recall some or all of Scot, Josep, Craig, and an Alex or two
      > > > expressing interest at the time ...Even Gavin, I think, if he
      were
      > > > free.
      > > >
      > > > So, if we end up with 12 or 13 "definites", and I assume one
      last-
      > > > minute pull-out, we could do 2 games in parallel ....! Wow.
      With
      > > > enough notice, I'd be happy to buy a second set, to help the day
      > > go
      > > > well.
      > > >
      > > > And you realise what 2 games would mean .... the top 3 from each
      > > > would just HAVE to have a play-off another day .....Great fun!
      > > That
      > > > wd really put TI3 to bed.
      > > >
      > > > So let's button down whether we are 10 or 12 or 13, asap, so I
      can
      > > > buy a set in time for the day. Or do any of you, other
      contacts,
      > > > know of a second set you could borrow??
      > > >
      > > > Bob

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic