327RE: [lbgc] RE: Education Games for Children

    Aug 20, 2007
      I have to agree with Keith on this.
      Hare and Tortoise & Alles im Eimer (or Bucket King) have both been played at the club and both have been a success. Bob's children have played both and, I think, enjoyed the experience.
      Scrabble, obviously, is good for spelling etc.
      Risk: good for basic geography, bearing in mind that the scale is distorted and that boundaries have almost certainly been tweaked for gaming purposes.
      Suppenkasper: Don't know this one, so can't comment.
      Dave

      ________________________________
      > To: lbgc@...
      > From: keithdowsett@...
      > Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 13:31:26 +0000
      > Subject: [lbgc] RE: Education Games for Children
      >
      > Hi George,
      > Here's my suggestions...
      > Hare and Tortoise: some basic arithmetic, and a very important gaming
      > skill - planning ahead
      > Scrabble: vocabulary, spelling and arithmetic (with a suitable handicap
      > for the adults)
      > Suppenkasper: A bit of arithmetic and lots of jokes about fat people!!
      > Alles im Eimer: Simple arithmetic and lots of entertainment.
      > Risk: Learning where Kamchatka is (not exactly useful unfortunately).
      > Keith.

      Feel like a local wherever you go with BackOfMyHand.com
      http://www.backofmyhand.com
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic