346Re: Bizarre laws article

    7 Nov 04:50

      You can imagine the comment about cutlery 'probably' having a rational basis but the question doesn't reflect that - reminds me years ago reading an article about A level law exam answers.

      One question was referring to the constitution of a judges panel at a magistrates court and the answer said the panel has three members: one male, one female and one other.

      --- In lbgc@..., David Bullions <davebullions@...> wrote:

      > I found this today. Thought I might share it with you.
      >

      > These were posted on an NZ Tourism Website and the answers are the
      > actual responses by the website officials, who obviously have a sense
      > of humour.

      > Q: Does it ever get windy in NZ? I have never seen it rain on TV, how do the plants grow? ( UK ).
      >

      > A: We import all plants fully grown and then just sit around watching them die.

      > Q: Will I be able to see kiwi birds in the street? ( USA )
      >

      > A: Depends how much you've been drinking.

      > Q: I want to walk from Auckland to Wellington - can I follow the railroad tracks? ( Sweden )
      >

      > A: Sure, it's only three thousand miles, take lots of water.

      > Q: Are there any ATMs (cash machines) in NZ? Can you send me a list of
      > them in Auckland , Wellington , Christchurch and Queenstown ? ( UK )
      >

      > A: What did your last slave die of?

      > Q: Can you give me some information about hippo racing in NZ ? ( USA )
      >

      > A: A-fri-ca is the big triangle shaped continent south of Europe ..
      >

      > New - Zea -l and is that island in the middle of the Pacific which does not
      >

      > ... oh forget it. Sure, the hippo racing is every Tuesday night in Auckland city . Come naked.

      > Q: Which direction is North in NZ ? ( USA )
      >

      > A: Face south and then turn 180 degrees. Contact us when you get here and we'll send the rest of the directions.

      > Q: Can I bring cutlery into NZ ? ( UK )
      >

      > A: Why? Just use your fingers like we do.

      > Q: Can you send me the Vienna Boys' Choir schedule? ( USA )
      >

      > A: - New-zea - l a is that quaint little country , which is ...
      >
      > oh forget it. Sure, the Vienna Boys Choir plays every Tuesday
      > night in Auckland city , straight after the hippo races. Come naked.

      > Q: Can I wear high heels in NZ ? ( UK )
      >

      > A: You are a British politician, right?

      > Q: Are there supermarkets in Auckland and is milk available all year round? ( Germany )
      >

      > A: No, we are a peaceful civilization of vegan hunter/gatherers.
      >

      > Milk is illegal .

      > Q: Please send a list of all doctors in NZ who can Dispense spider serum. ( USA )
      >

      > A: poisonous spiders live in A-meri-ca which is where YOU come from.
      >

      > All NZ spiders are perfectly harmless, can be safely handled and make
      > good pets . You should find some for yourself when you get here.
      > Especially the ones with white tails .

      > Q: I have a question about a famous animal in NZ , but I forget its name. It's a kind animal and lives in trees. ( USA )
      >

      > A: It's called a Drop Bear. They are so called because they drop out of
      > Gum trees and eat the brains of anyone walking underneath them.
      >
      > You can scare them off by spraying yourself with human urine before you go out walking.

      > Q: I have developed a new product that is the fountain of youth. Can you tell me where I can sell it in NZ ? ( USA )
      >

      > A: Anywhere significant numbers of Americans gather.

      > Q: Can you tell me the regions in Auckland where the female population is smaller than the male population? ( Italy )
      >

      > A: Yes, gay night clubs.

> [...]

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic