354Re: An ongoing league in the club ...

  • George Young
    Dec 14, 2007
      Hi Bob,
      I think this is a great idea and one that I would very much like to
      see happen. Keeping the league games we play to a minimum is the only
      way to make sure that each games gets a good amount of sessions per
      year. Also maybe keep the timeframe for any game in this league within
      3 hours which offers flexibility within the LBGC sessions.

      Just so you know I voted on Perikles. Not because I played at the club
      as I was unfortunately in the US, but because I have played the game
      in the past and once with Martin Wallace at a convention when the game
      was first released. Its a superb game which rates as one of his very
      best alongside Age of Steam and Liberte in my mind.

      Just another idea would be to run a Formula De League, play once every
      2 Months about 6 sessions per year on different tracks with some
      changes to the rules that meet LBGC interests. The League could be
      based on Driver and Constructed points. This would allow everyone in
      the club to join the game and build points for their Driver and Team.
      As players come and go they would be assigned to a given team which
      would allow some consistency to the constructed points. Something we
      could all discuss at future sessions.

      Liberté (3-6 Players) covers part of the French Revolution which is
      played in 4 turns, each turn is a variable number of rounds followed
      by an election to see if the Radicals, Moderates or Royalists becomes
      the government.

      BoardGameGeek listing - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2507

      Seasons Greetings to you all....

      George