356Re: An ongoing league in the club ...

    Dec 15, 2007
      Great, a couple of enthusiatic yeses. That'll do.

      For anyone who thinks it might be a bad idea (frequently having to
      play a game you don't like, or people taking it too seriously, or
      downgrading our current habit of constantly trying new games) ...
      let me reassure you: I aim to get the balance right between playing
      these 1,2 or even 3 games often enough to keep the league table live
      and changing, but not so often that they get in the way of playing
      other favourites or trying new games. That's why I only wanted 1 or
      preferably 2 games where we keep track. Maybe 3. And they are
      all "slow-burn", ie we just cumulate scores when and if we play any
      of them; they don't take over.

      For example, in the case of Team RoboRally, you'll hardly notice that
      the league table exists - it'd just be me recording who was on the
      winning side and cumulating it for fun.

      I've had some thoughts on a scoring system and league-position system
      for Perikles. I'll make that a separate post.