360League tables

  • Keith Dowsett
    Dec 17, 2007
      Hmm, I'm not sure about this mechanism. The problem is that it favours those people who play frequently, even if they don't do well. If one player finishes third three times they may end up with a better rating than the player who finished first, but wasn't able to attend for a few weeks.

      I'd suggest ranking players on their average position. Clearly this doesn't adjust for first timers, but we could allow people to ignore their first game when calculating the ranking. Quite a lot of the regulars have already played once, so the chance of getting an easy win against four first timers is pretty slim.

      The big advantage of this scheme is that it doesn't reward anyone for playing every week - unless they play well.

      Just my Monday thoughts,

      Keith.

      Who's friends with who and co-starred in what?
      http://www.searchgamesbox.com/celebrityseparation.shtml
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic