374Re: LBGC awards 2007

    Jan 3, 2008
      To jog people's memories, and to fit with Neil's rider that the game
      has to have been played at LBGC in 2007, and for fun, here is a full
      list of games played at LBGC in 2007, some of them more than once.
      Across 25 meetings in 2007.

      Diamant
      Shadows over Camelot
      Gloria Mundi
      Escape from Atlantis
      Apocalypse LBGC
      Struggle of Empires
      Zombies
      Team RoboRally
      History of the World
      Underground
      Twilight Imperium 3
      Labyrinth
      Die Macher
      Save The President
      Blokus
      Central Committee of the Supreme Soviet
      Trias
      Alles im Eimer
      El Grande
      Quo Vadis
      Billabong
      Fury of Dracula
      Age of Steam
      Imperial
      Cash'n'Guns
      Arkham Horror
      Alliance
      Lifeboats
      Umbongo
      Hamburgum
      Container
      Brass
      Saboteurs
      Origins
      Condottiere
      UmbonguSuper
      Tikal
      Puerto Rico
      Serenissima
      Railroad Tycoon
      Metro
      Gambit
      Perikles
      Colossal Arena
      Reff Encounter
      Aladdin's Dragons
      Hannibal

      47 different games across 25 sessions, not bad!

      And, just for interest, with John, Rob and Gordon moving away from
      London, the longest-time current member is ..... Peter J. Followed
      by Allan M. and Dave B.

      Enough stats. Happy New Year.

      Bob

      --- In lbgc@..., "Neil Parker" <welfarerights@...>
      wrote:

      > Ok chaps. Here's an idea. Lets vote for our favourite games for the
      past
      > year.
      >
      > Each member gets to nominate five candidates in each of four
      categories
      > -
      >
      > a) Game of the Year (can be any game played);
      >
      > b) Best new game (published or released in 2007);
      >
      > c) Best game mechanic; and
      >
      > d) Best filler.
      >
      > To be eligible for a nomination, by any member, a game must have
      been
      > played at least once at the club in 2007. It doesn't matter if a
      > nominating member hasn't played that game or has played it outside
      the
      > club as long as the club has played it.
      >
      > When i have more time i'll post the details of voting but to begin
      with
      > for the first 2 weeks in Jan, i'm looking for nominations for voting
      > only. Any member interested can email me with up to 5 nominations
      for
      > each category.
      >
      > I'll then collate the nominations and post the results of the top 5
      > nominations in each category in readiness for the vote stage -
      details
      > on voting will follow as identified.
      >
      > To give you all a reminder of some of the games the club has played
      here
      > is an aide memoire (in no particular order):
      >
      > Twilight Imperium 3, Struggle of Empires, Age of Steam, Railroad
      Tycoon,
      > Perikles, Container, Brass, Hamburgum, Condottiere, Cash and Guns,
      > Arkham Horror, Combat Commander and Imperial - please feel free to
      > advertise any other games we have played to ensure members are
      aware of
      > the options. I cant remember if Fury of Dracula, Werewolf and
      Diamant
      > have been played this year or not.
      >
      > To get you thinking on mechanics i'll give you an idea: TI3 strategy
      > cards, Imperial's Rondel, Struggle of Empires' alliance auction,
      > Perikles' nomination/election phase, Combat Commander's card
      selection,
      > Arkham Horror's stat sliders and Container's scoring system.
      >
      > Ok so the first phase is to email me with your nominations.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Neil.

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic