375Re: LBGC awards 2007 - nominations phase

    Jan 3, 2008
      Thanks for that Bob. I will set a deadline for the nominations phase -
      14th Jan.

      Remember this phase is just for games you would like to see being voted
      on - nominate a game even if already nominated as the number of
      nominations matters.

      Interesting list for the mechanics. Perikles is listed on BGG and
      warfrog website as 2006 (i thought it was new as well), maybe someone
      else can clarify which games were new to 2007.

      I will nominate the following:

      Game of the Year:

      Perikles, Twilight Imperium 3, Struggle of Empires, Arkham Horror and
      Imperial

      New Game:

      Container, Brass

      Best Mechanic:

      Perikles' nomination/election phase, TI3 strategy cards, Struggle of
      Empires alliance auction.

      Best filler: Condottiere, Cash and Guns, Werewolf, Diamant.

      > MY NOMINATIONS
      >
      > I know you said "by email to you". and that's probably fairer without
      > introducing bias, but I don't think the difference is great, and
      > thought this might help kick things off ...
      >
      > Up to 5 nominations per category ...
      >
      > Game of Year:
      > Perikles
      > Condottiere
      > Struggle of Empires
      > Imperial
      > Team RoboRally
      >
      > Best New Game (not sure which WERE published in 2007 ...)
      > Hamburgum
      > Perikles?
      > Container
      >

      > Best Game Mechanic:
      > 1. Perikles' nomination and election phase.
      > 2. Perikles' statue-points, which your choice of which cities to
      > attack and which to leave alone, for the rest of the game.
      > 3. Perikles' 2-phase combat mechanic, with the result from the first
      > giving you a head-start on the second phase.
      > 4. Perikles' mechanic of only the LEAD attacker or defender getting
      > the VP's for the battle, so a race to get yourself down as the LEAD
      > attacker or defender for the upcoming battles.
      > 5. Oh, and Imperial's Rondel!
      >

      > Best Filler:
      > Diamant
      > Werewolf
      > Cash 'n' Guns
      > Metro
      > Team RoboRally
      >
      > These are only nominations for consideration. I look forward to the
      > voting. A fun thing to do, thanks Neil!
      >
      > Bob
      >

      > --- In lbgc@..., "Neil Parker" welfarerights@
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Ok chaps. Here's an idea. Lets vote for our favourite games for the
      > past
      > > year.
      > >
      > > Each member gets to nominate five candidates in each of four
      > categories
      > > -
      > >
      > > a) Game of the Year (can be any game played);
      > >
      > > b) Best new game (published or released in 2007);
      > >
      > > c) Best game mechanic; and
      > >
      > > d) Best filler.
      > >
      > > To be eligible for a nomination, by any member, a game must have
      > been
      > > played at least once at the club in 2007. It doesn't matter if a
      > > nominating member hasn't played that game or has played it outside
      > the
      > > club as long as the club has played it.
      > >
      > > When i have more time i'll post the details of voting but to begin
      > with
      > > for the first 2 weeks in Jan, i'm looking for nominations for voting
      > > only. Any member interested can email me with up to 5 nominations
      > for
      > > each category.
      > >
      > > I'll then collate the nominations and post the results of the top 5
      > > nominations in each category in readiness for the vote stage -
      > details
      > > on voting will follow as identified.

> [...]
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic