376Re: [lbgc] Re: LBGC awards 2007

  • Nemesis
    Jan 3, 2008
      All,

      Apologies, I really haven't had the time for games last year, so I can nominate very few (only games I have actually played, although not necessarily at LBGC)!

      FWIW, here's my nominations:

      Game of the Year:
          History of the World (I know, I know...)
          Railroad Tycoon (If it were better made - and not quite so LARGE - I'd havebought a copy...)
          Team RoboRally
          Struggle of Empires (I DO have this one!)
          Wallenstein (if we played it this year!) OMG - was it really 2006 that I last played Wallenstein?

      New Game:
      ?

      Best Mechanic:
          The allocation of civilizations in History of the World - cumulative unit count and keep / pass decision
          I just love hauling those blocks in Railroad Tycoon!
          I wanted to add the combat resolution "tower shower" in Wallenstein - but only if it was played in 07!

      Best filler:
          Werewolf (thanks Bob!)  :-)
          Team RoboRally

      Peter J

      (allegedly the longest serving "member", but regrettably more notable by his absence than participation).