      To: lbgc@...
      From: maclandr@...
      Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 21:48:52 +0000
      Subject: [lbgc] Re: nominations

      We should not take the suggestions for worst game too seriously, they
      will probably reveal more about our tastes in gaming than the games
      themselves. I doubt there's any game all the members dislike.
      Anyway for me:

      Containers - too much like hard work doing all those computations
      about prices and profits and victory points. I'm a qualified
      accountant I should like this but it does not float my boat. Plus
      its naff to look at. Or maybe it was to do with coming last over 100
      VPs behind, my sorriest ever defeat in a board game...

      Andrew

      --- In lbgc@yahoogroups. co.uk, "Founder." <bobroscow@. ..> wrote:

      > I agree with Dave B. :
      >
      > Question 2: Also a good idea, as long as peoples feelings are not
      > hurt when the winner of the wooden spoon turns out to be a game
      they
      > own.
      >
      > I wonder whether this will be more fun than hurtful? Not so much
      > that it's a game they OWN, but if it's one they tabled as their
      > favourite ("You're gonna love this ..."); or even invented
      > ("Labyrinth" is exemp from this category, or I might get hurt!)
      >
      > But what the heck:
      >
      > If Neil DOES do it, I nominate:
      >
      > 1. ORIGINS. Slower than the evolution it reprsents, but without
      the
      > excitement of sudden changes over only half a million years.
      >
      > 2. PUERTO RICO. It's "Accountancy for fun", with no high points
      > worth the name.
      >
      > 3, ACQUIRE. High on BBG. A really clever "Accountancy for fun",
      > but see point 2. Oh, we didn't play it in 2007? What a shame! ;-)
      >

      > Bob
      >

      > --- In lbgc@yahoogroups. co.uk, David Bullions <davebullions@ >
      > wrote:
      > >

      > > Hi Neil (& anyone else reading this)
      > >
      > > Question 1: Sounds like a good idea. A new game, for me, is one I
      > haven't played before. And I can't be bothered to look up dates of
      > publication.
      > >
      > > Question 2: Also a good idea, as long as peoples feelings are not
      > hurt when the winner of the wooden spoon turns out to be a game
      they
      > own.
      > >
      > > Dave
      > >
      > > To: lbgc@yahoogroups. co.uk
      > > From: welfarerights@
      > > Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2008 08:17:22 +0000
      > > Subject: [lbgc] nominations

      > > A reminder that there is one week to go before the
      > nominations phase
      > >
      > > ends.
      > >
      > > Question 1? Perikles was released in 2006 yet including myself
      > there
      > >
      > > are 4 nominations for it as new game (i would add it as well to
      my
      > list
      > >
      > > of two new games nominated). Shall we include in this category
      any
      > game
      > >
      > > that was played for the first time at the club in 2007 as well
      > those
      > >
      > > released/published in the year? I am in favour.
      > >

      > > Q2: Andrew has suggested a wooden spoon category - are we in
      favour
      > of
      > >
      > > this? I am and i will nominate that origins 'how we became bored
      > very
      > >
      > > quickly' game.

      > > Get Hotmail on your mobile, text MSN to 63463!
      > > http://mobile. uk.msn.com/ pc/mail.aspx

      Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic