449Re: Games you most want to try, and most want to re-visit after years

  • macleodandrew
    Feb 18, 2008
      I would like to try, if I ever get round to reading the rules,
      Twilight Struggle, Blood Feud in New York and also the WWII games
      Axis & Allies/Tide of Iron/Combat Commander.

      I played Diplomacy for about 2 hours on Christmas Day one year when I
      was about 12 but we stopped for dinner and I never had the chance to
      play it again. Always the problem with board games unless you play
      in a club! Don't know what happened to the copy of the game. As its
      so famous it would be interesting to play it at least once. I've
      heard of Escape from Colditz from the distant past as well, knew
      someone who had it but never played it...sounds fun. It would be
      interesting to play one of the better Risk variants as well, if not
      the original.

      Andrew.

      > Here's mine:
      >
      > A. Never played:
      > 1. Republic of Rome
      > 2. Antike
      > 3. Lord of the Rings Confrontation
      >
      > B. Oldies:
      > 1. Kingmaker
      > 2. Diplomacy
      > 3. Escape from Colditz
      >
      > Obviously I could make both lists longer ...
      >
      > Bob
      >

      > --- In lbgc@..., "Founder." <bobroscow@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I've thought of a topic - this one.
      > >
      > > Just like Neil's awards, this also might affect what gets played
      at
      > the
      > > club, so it's not just idle chat ...
      > >
      > > It's always easy to want to play a game we've recently played
      > before
      > > and liked. Great. This topic leaves those out.
      > >
      > > A. What games that you have never played do you most want to
      try,
      > even
      > > if you don't own it and can't bring it? Name 1, 2 or 3 games.
      > >
      > > B. What games have you not played for many years, but would like
      > > play one more time, if only for nostalgia? Even if you don't own
      > it
      > > and can't bring it. Name 1, 2 or 3 games.
      > >
      > > Bob

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic