452Re: Games you most want to try, and most want to re-visit after years

      Nice one Andrew,

      I'll bring Axis and Allies Revised again next session i make - its easy
      learn and play and you can easily complete a game in a session at lbgc -
      3-4 hours or even less if i'm Japan - takes 2-5 players. The newer
      version is better than the classic version.

      I'm likely to buy the expansion for TOI which includes the Brits -
      there's a three way scenario in there apparently. The standard
      scenarios take anywhere between 2-4 hours - add 30 mins for set-up and
      explanation of rules and there are some short scenarios which easily fit
      in a session. Either way - i'll bring that too, but not at the same time
      as A&A.

      I'm keen for both these games to see active service at the club at some
      point (soonish).

      Neil

      --- In lbgc@..., "macleodandrew" <maclandr@...> wrote:

      > I would like to try, if I ever get round to reading the rules,
      > Twilight Struggle, Blood Feud in New York and also the WWII games
      > Axis & Allies/Tide of Iron/Combat Commander.
      >
      > I played Diplomacy for about 2 hours on Christmas Day one year when I
      > was about 12 but we stopped for dinner and I never had the chance to
      > play it again. Always the problem with board games unless you play
      > in a club! Don't know what happened to the copy of the game. As its
      > so famous it would be interesting to play it at least once. I've
      > heard of Escape from Colditz from the distant past as well, knew
      > someone who had it but never played it...sounds fun. It would be
      > interesting to play one of the better Risk variants as well, if not
      > the original.
      >
      > Andrew.
      >

      > --- In lbgc@..., "Founder." bobroscow@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Here's mine:
      > >
      > > A. Never played:
      > > 1. Republic of Rome
      > > 2. Antike
      > > 3. Lord of the Rings Confrontation
      > >
      > > B. Oldies:
      > > 1. Kingmaker
      > > 2. Diplomacy
      > > 3. Escape from Colditz
      > >
      > > Obviously I could make both lists longer ...
      > >
      > > Bob
      > >

      > > --- In lbgc@..., "Founder." <bobroscow@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I've thought of a topic - this one.
      > > >
      > > > Just like Neil's awards, this also might affect what gets played
      > at
      > > the
      > > > club, so it's not just idle chat ...
      > > >
      > > > It's always easy to want to play a game we've recently played
      > > before
      > > > and liked. Great. This topic leaves those out.
      > > >
      > > > A. What games that you have never played do you most want to
      > try,
      > > even
      > > > if you don't own it and can't bring it? Name 1, 2 or 3 games.
      > > >
      > > > B. What games have you not played for many years, but would like
      > > > play one more time, if only for nostalgia? Even if you don't own
      > > it
      > > > and can't bring it. Name 1, 2 or 3 games.
      > > >
      > > > Bob

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic