464RE: [lbgc] Re: An Imperial fun-league?

      Since I own copies of Antike & Imperial, I would be at the club on the days when those games are played (even if I am not actually playing them).  So it kinda makes sense for me to keep records of the results.  I don't mind doing that if no one else wants to do it.  I don't know what points system to use.  I can only suggest the last place person gets 1 point, the next person 2 points & so on.  I don't want to make it too complicated (with averages, handicaps etc) if I am the person running it.

      Dave

      To: lbgc@...
      From: vedantananda@...
      Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:41:05 +0000
      Subject: [lbgc] Re: An Imperial fun-league?

      It was Antike that was played. I think the two should be kept separate in any event. In terms of running a league, sure as Imperial is likely to get 4-5 plays in the year - don't feel like running it mind. The placings for the Imperial game were: Keith, George, myself, then (i'm unsure of this) Martial, Henning and Dave.
      This all raises the question that we could have leagues, run by a different player, for all our popular games - so in addition to those already mentioned, we can add Struggle of Empires and Railroad Tycoon - both likely to get 4 plays a year or thereabouts.

      --- In lbgc@yahoogroups. co.uk, "Founder." <bobroscow@.. .> wrote:

      > Really? I'm sure you must be right, since you won it. I was two
      > floors down, and my notes were a week later!
      >
      > But that leaves Neil a nice choice: you can keep it to Imperial, or
      > even make it an Imperial/Antike league! Lateral, huh? After all,
      > they're similar and by the sdame designer, the one apparently an
      > advanced version of the other. Lacks some purity, but means you get
      > off the ground with 2 sets of results instead of just one.
      >
      > Brian, you may also remember who came 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in that
      > Antike you won?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Bob
      >
      > --- In lbgc@yahoogroups. co.uk, Garner garner.ucd@ wrote:
      > >
      > > Bob,
      > >
      > > We played Antike on the 10th not Imperial.
      > >
      > > Brian
      > >
      > > On 26/02/2008, Founder. bobroscow@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi guys!
      > > >
      > > > I like having these leagues on Perikles and Team RoboRally. They
      > are
      > > > not turning out to narrow us into mainly playing them. They add a
      > > > dimension when we DO play them. And they give us something else to
      > > > post on the site ...
      > > >
      > > > SO, how about a third league-table ... for Imperial? It got played
      > > > the session-before- last, and the session before that, and seems
      > to be
      > > > a favourite that will get played repeatedly?
      > > >
      > > > There's no reason that it should be ME as scorekeeper. I nominate
      > > > NeilP. OK by you, Neil?
      > > >
      > > > I mention it now because it's only 9 days since we last played
      > it, so
      > > > you guys might REMEMBER who came 1st, 2nd 3rd etc. in order to get
      > > > the table started. A league-table only looks OK after the second
      > > > game, but you need a first to get it started...
      > > >
      > > > I can remind you that the 6 who played it on 17 Feb 08 were DaveB,
      > > > KeithD, NeilP, GeorgeY, MartialC and HenningS. I recall hearing
      > that
      > > > KeithD won, but not the other placings. But it's only 9 days ago.
      > > > Post here, all of you, on your recollections of who scored second,
      > > > third etc. In fact, also feel free to give your version of how the
      > > > game went, and why/how you won or lost!
      > > >
      > > > I can also remind you that the 5 of you who played it on 10 Feb
      > were
      > > > BrianO, DaveB, StuartF, TomasP and Stania (I'm 99% sure). So maybe
      > > > you can remember who came 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th that day, if you all
      > > > chip in, so as to have TWO games to start the league-table with. I
      > > > recall that BrianO won, but you need to remember placings for a
      > > > league. That would make 2 games and a decent first league-table.
      > > >
      > > > Neil can choose a scoring system and post the league. Probably
      > best
      > > > to copy the LEAGUE-formula of Perikles and Team RR, for
      > uniformity,
      > > > ie cumulated points divided by games-played+ 1. But up to you what
      > > > points you earn, for positions in games of 4, 5 or 6. Eg your call
> [...]

      Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic