469Re: An Imperial fun-league?

    Mar 3, 2008
      I'm persuaded by Neil: let's keep Antike and Imperial separate.
      Which probably means only a league on Imperial and no league on
      Antike. Good.

      Thanks Dave; do the record-keeping any way you like. I'd suggest
      you give the winner more than just one more point than the guy who
      comes second. Eg five players get 1,2,3,4 and 6 points. Or 4
      players 1,2,3 and 5 points. We can always do some form of averaging
      much later, if ever, if someone is leading only because they've
      played twice as many times as anyone else.

      So you have the results for Sun 17 Feb to kick it off.

      I stand corrected about Sun 10 Feb, when it was Antike not Imperial.
      I was two floors away at the time.

      I was trying to find TWO game-results, as that always gets a league-
      table off to a better start than just the list order from one game!

      I don't suppose anybody remembers winner AND order of 2nd, 3rd, 4th
      for the PREVIOUS time you played Imperial, 7 Oct 2007? It was DaveB,
      FelixK, TomasP and JosepA playing, while AndrewM, AllanM and I played
      Labyrinth. I remember that FelixK definitely won, and that JosepA
      said he came third. I THINK the order was FelixK, TomasP, JosepA,
      DaveB. Or maybe FelixK, DaveB, JosepA, TomasP. Surely DaveB or
      TomasP would remember whether they came second or last in that
      foursome? Just to get the league started with two results so far?

      OK, Dave, over to you. I'd be happy enough to record all the 3 or 4
      leagues myself, but I don't want to be a control-freak! So thanks.

      Bob

      --- In lbgc@..., David Bullions <davebullions@...>
      wrote:

      > Since I own copies of Antike & Imperial, I would be at the club on
      the days when those games are played (even if I am not actually
      playing them). So it kinda makes sense for me to keep records of the
      results. I don't mind doing that if no one else wants to do it. I
      don't know what points system to use. I can only suggest the last
      place person gets 1 point, the next person 2 points & so on. I don't
      want to make it too complicated (with averages, handicaps etc) if I
      am the person running it.

      > Dave
      >
      > To: lbgc@...
      > From: vedantananda@...
      > Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 14:41:05 +0000
      > Subject: [lbgc] Re: An Imperial fun-league?

      > It was Antike that was played. I think the two should
      be kept separate in any event. In terms of running a league, sure as
      Imperial is likely to get 4-5 plays in the year - don't feel like
      running it mind. The placings for the Imperial game were: Keith,
      George, myself, then (i'm unsure of this) Martial, Henning and Dave.
      > This all raises the question that we could have leagues, run by a
      different player, for all our popular games - so in addition to those
      already mentioned, we can add Struggle of Empires and Railroad
      Tycoon - both likely to get 4 plays a year or thereabouts.

      > --- In lbgc@..., "Founder." <bobroscow@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Really? I'm sure you must be right, since you won it. I was two
      > > floors down, and my notes were a week later!
      > >
      > > But that leaves Neil a nice choice: you can keep it to Imperial,
      or
      > > even make it an Imperial/Antike league! Lateral, huh? After all,
      > > they're similar and by the sdame designer, the one apparently an
      > > advanced version of the other. Lacks some purity, but means you
      get
      > > off the ground with 2 sets of results instead of just one.
      > >
      > > Brian, you may also remember who came 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in
      that
      > > Antike you won?
      > >
      > > Cheers,
      > > Bob
      > >
      > > --- In lbgc@..., Garner garner.ucd@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Bob,
      > > >
      > > > We played Antike on the 10th not Imperial.
      > > >
      > > > Brian

      They
      > > are

      > > to be