515Re: Team Games

  • George Young
    Jun 27, 2008
      Well my first suggestion would be a team based game called Duel of
      Ages, its always fascinated me playing Ghengas Khan and carrying a
      laser rifle and trying to complete a variety of tournaments. The
      wonderful part of this game is you can coordinate your strategy, with
      some players defending and blocking the opponent while the others make
      a mad dash to steal the points. However not knowing who your partners
      are would definitely change the feel of this game and probably add a
      nice element of luck which the game sometimes lacks.

      Nexus Ops which is a very fun little combat game, probably one of the
      best from AH in the past year might just lend itself to this mechanic
      but this is just a variation on many other war games.

      Last but never least Escape from Colditz, this is an oldie and needs
      not explanation. As the game mechanics work one player plays the
      officers while the others play prisoners. With some work we could
      adapt the rules to enable the guard to work based on a mechanic TBD
      but the prisoners who are teams, and not knowing to start with who is
      on each side have to escape with all members. The Guard could be based
      on a proximately movement mechanic or by introducing an extra player
      to a 4 or 6 player game.

      Escape from Colditz is a unique game in the currently crowdid board
      game market and one that I think LBGC should pay some attention to and
      possibly create our own version. The old Classic was a great game for
      its day and with the minds in this club it could be a Modern Classic.

      Just some thoughts however crazy they may be….