      From: lbgc@... [mailto:lbgc@...] On Behalf Of David Bullions
      Sent: 05 December 2008 09:24
      To: George Young
      Subject: [Spam] [Spam] RE: [lbgc] Re: What really old game would you enjoy a nostalgic game of at our place?

      I would also be interested in any of the games mentioned. I also own Warrior Knights & Kings and Things, but they are probably buried deep in my cupboard. I would be willing to play your copies, Neil.
      I have played Kingmaker, Totopoly & Escape from Colditz. I love all of those. Also I haven't played Diplomacy or Hare & Tortoise for a while.
      And I must get around to playing Imperial again.

      To: lbgc@...
      From: vedantananda@...
      Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:24:47 +0000

      I have Warrior Knights and Kings and Things. I'd play either if others were interested.

      > Games have moved on, and the boardgames of the last 10 years are better-
      > designed or better-play than the old games. BUT. Playing one of the
      > old (childhood/teenage/student) games might hold a certain nostalgic
      > charm as a one-off, even if it has its faults? Before we consign them
      > forever to history?
      >
      > Me, I'd nominate Kingmaker (flawed and overtaken, but nostalgic), and
      > Escape From Colditz, and Totopoly (the actual race-mechanic is quite
      > clever!). I have Kingmaker and Totopoly myself, but not Escape From
      > Colditz.
      >
      > Which old ones do YOU have and would like to play one last time, if
      > only for nostalgia?! And do you have a copy?
      >
      > This post was partly just to intro a topic insteads of all of the
      > recent posts being about TeamRoboRally updates. Hey, we must also play
      > Perikles and Imperial again soon, since they are good and also lead to
      > update-posts on THEM to intersperse between updates on TeamRR games and
      > league. Er, one of which follows ...

      Great search results, great prizes. BigSnapSearch.com Search now

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic