546Re: Mixing game titles

    Dec 5, 2008
      Great fun.

      How about Bang!-Cluedo. A fairly easy game. You all shoot each
      other and then have to deduce who shot who, with only the evidence of
      seeing it happen to go on.

      Slightly harder: Cluedo-Bang! You have to deduce who shot who, and
      THEN do the shooting.

      --- In lbgc@..., David Bullions <davebullions@...>
      wrote:

      > How about "Team Robo-Tycoon". An amalgamation of Team RoboRally &
      Railroad Tycoon. Run your routes in Railroad Tycoon but the actual
      route has to be pre-programmed. Any trains ending up on the same
      track fire lasers at each other. Any wrecked trains have a scrap
      value if they can be successfully delivered to a city with a demand
      for that type of robot - oops, I meant train, of course.

      > To: lbgc@...
      > From: vedantananda@...
      > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:42:19 +0000
      > Subject: [lbgc] Mixing game titles

      > I like Tomas' Warrior Kings idea. How about we have a
      competition for the funniest amalgamated game idea.
      > How about Struggle of Warrior Things? The game is played on a
      randomised hex board and all other components are put into a bag.
      Players take turns picking things out in the hope they will actually
      be useful.

      > --- In lbgc@..., "Tomas Pajonk" <tom@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello,
      > >

      > > I'd like to give Warrior Kings a try. I have the 2nd edition, but
      not here
      > > with me. Playing imperial or struggle of empires would be really
      nice as
      > > well.

      Behalf Of
      > > David Bullions
      > > Sent: 05 December 2008 09:24
      > > To: George Young
      > > Subject: [Spam] [Spam] RE: [lbgc] Re: What really old game would
      you enjoy a
      > > nostalgic game of at our place?
      > >

      > > I would also be interested in any of the games mentioned. I also
      own Warrior
      > > Knights & Kings and Things, but they are probably buried deep in
      my
      > > cupboard. I would be willing to play your copies, Neil.
      > > I have played Kingmaker, Totopoly & Escape from Colditz. I love
      all of
      > > those. Also I haven't played Diplomacy or Hare & Tortoise for a
      while.
      > > And I must get around to playing Imperial again.
      > >
      > > _____
      > >
      > > To: lbgc@...
      > > From: vedantananda@
      > > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:24:47 +0000
      > > Subject: [lbgc] Re: What really old game would you enjoy a
      nostalgic game of
      > > at our place?
      > >

      > > I have Warrior Knights and Kings and Things. I'd play either if
      others were
      > > interested.
      > >
      > > --- In lbgc@..., "Founder." bobroscow@ wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Games have moved on, and the boardgames of the last 10 years
      are better-
      > > > designed or better-play than the old games. BUT. Playing one of
      the
      > > > old (childhood/teenage/student) games might hold a certain
      nostalgic
      > > > charm as a one-off, even if it has its faults? Before we
      consign them
      > > > forever to history?
      > > >
      > > > Me, I'd nominate Kingmaker (flawed and overtaken, but
      nostalgic), and
      > > > Escape From Colditz, and Totopoly (the actual race-mechanic is
      quite
      > > > clever!). I have Kingmaker and Totopoly myself, but not Escape
      From