549Age

  • Allan Mertner
    Dec 13, 2008
      On Wednesday this week, I could truthfully claim to be 29 years old.
      Friends would sometimes look a little dubiously at me at this, but I
      was mostly able to convince people of the truth of it.

      Alas, on Thursday the 11th, things changed. I am not now 30 as you
      might have expected - I am in fact 42. Gone are the sweet twenties,
      and the mid-forties with all that entails (beer belly, midlife crisis,
      stomach ulcer, not enough time for boardgames and teenage kids) loom.

      How can this all have happened to me, so quickly?

      Any takers?