      From: lbgc@... [mailto:lbgc@...] On Behalf Of George Young
      Sent: 09 March 2009 11:49
      To: lbgc@...
      Subject: [Spam] [lbgc] Great Session...

      Well Bob it's been a while since I last made it to the Club and I hope this will be the beginning of my return... watch this space..

      Had a great session with just 5 of us playing Fire and Axe (Viking Saga) which took a little longer than I expected but was a great game with plenty of theme, and a touch of "take that". This is a game that will definitely take a few plays to capture the strategy. Raiding seemed to pay off very well for Thomas although SAGA cards did seem to bolster the scoring significantly at the end, 10 points per card, hard to beat. I'm not sure the value of ports that are not part of a region?

      We also played PowerBoats which is probably one of the better racing game I have played, although dice based it works extremely well. We did play with 2 Variants outside of the official rules which meant Boats would cause collisions and therefore the collision rules applied and allowed some nasty blocking.... also the layout of the route. I planned the first two routes but Bob's finished with a real twister for the final race.

      I'll let Bob post the scoring if he gets chance...

      Great session and one of the many reasons I enjoy the Club, relaxed, friendly, banter and obviously ME never winning a game... What more could you ask for....

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic