602Team RoboRally Result of Game 21 of 26 April 2009

    May 2, 2009
      Result of Game 21 of 26 April 2009 (Game 6 of 2009 season):

      This game was JosepA's team (1st, 11th, 20th in the league) versus StuartF's (2nd, 6th and 19th).
      This was the first time we'd played it for 9 whole weeks, since 22 Feb.

      It was a very unusual game of it! I think it was the very first time that a team won by killing off all of the opponents, rather than planting a flag for victory. Not only that, but StuartF did ALL of the killing-off (or at least, finishing-off). Doubly unique, if you see what I mean.

      Of course, StuartF was only able to do this thanks to the efforts of his teammate BobR being so woefully inept: I got hold of their flag without too much difficulty, but then just couldn't get anywhere near returning home with it. I spent my so-called return journey going round in circles, dodging MichalK just enough to stay alive. "I blame the cards". Eventually, MichalK tired of the dance, saw that I my own ineptitude was delaying my return enough anyway, and went to join the defence against StuartF and HannesS. So StuartF killed HIM off, too.

      Mind you, if Stuart hadn't struck them down, they'd have died of old age (rust?) anyway before I got home with their flag. And HannesS must have done his part in softening up Josep, Dave and Michal for Stuart's glory, since it was Hannes that got the MVP award.

      Bad Guys:
      JosepA..…Lost, killed by StuartF………………………………..…….0 pts
      DaveB……..Lost, killed by StuartF…………………………………..…0 pts
      MichalK...Lost, killed by StuartF………………..…………...0 pts

      Good Guys:
      StuartF…..Won, survived, damaged every opponent, killed JosepA, DaveB, MichalK…...........................................9 pts
      BobR……Won, survived………………….…………………………….............5 pts
      HannesS…Won, survived, MVP, pushed JosepA into pit.7 pts

      That will change placings in the Eternal League and the 2009 League quite a bit, I'd think, with StuartF returning to the topspot. Give AllanM time to note this and update the tables, then you can view the tables under "photos" file. If it says 26/04/09, then it's the latest. I gather this photo file is only open to registered members? So, if you're one of those members of the ftf club who isn't also a member on the site, you'll need to sign up to the site to have access.