New poll for lbgc

  • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 6, 2006
      lbgc group:

      We played Railroad Tycoon at the Club Recently, and I'm sure some have played this game at other Venues. From a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being Excellent and 1 Being Poor) how would you rate this game.

      o 10
      o 9
      o 8
      o 7
      o 6
      o 5
      o 4
      o 3
      o 2
      o 1

      web site listed above.

      Thanks!
    • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 6, 2006
        lbgc group:

        Caylus Club Rating - Could everyone who has played this game please post a rating for the Club.

        o 10 - Excellent
        o 9
        o 8
        o 7
        o 6
        o 5
        o 4
        o 3
        o 2
        o 1 - Poor

        web site listed above.

        Thanks!
      • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
        Message 3 of 16 , Apr 6, 2006
          lbgc group:

          Fury of Dracula - Can everyone who has played this game please post a rating for the Club.

          o 10 - Excellent
          o 9
          o 8
          o 7
          o 6
          o 5
          o 4
          o 3
          o 2
          o 1 - Poor

          web site listed above.

          Thanks!
        • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 7, 2006
            lbgc group:

            VINCI - Can everyone who has played this game please post a rating for the Club.

            o 10 - Excellent
            o 9
            o 8
            o 7
            o 6
            o 5
            o 4
            o 3
            o 2
            o 1 - Poor

            web site listed above.

            Thanks!
          • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
            Message 5 of 16 , Apr 7, 2006
              lbgc group:

              Werewolf - Can everyone who has played this game please post a rating for the Club.

              o 10 - Excellent
              o 9
              o 8
              o 7
              o 6
              o 5
              o 4
              o 3
              o 2
              o 1 - Poor

              web site listed above.

              Thanks!
            • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
              Message 6 of 16 , Apr 24, 2006
                lbgc group:

                If you had a choice what game length would you prefer?
                (You may vote for multiple choices)

                o Up to 1 Hour
                o Up to 2 Hours
                o Up to 3 Hours
                o 3 Hour +

                web site listed above.

                Thanks!
              • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
                Message 7 of 16 , 17 Nov 04:54
                  lbgc group:

                  When games are put up as options on the table, some members are always attracted to trying a new game while some wish we could play the same game again, now that we've got the hang of it.

                  AFTER Dave has introduced us to all the new goodies from Essen, I don't want to guess or impose whether we lean towards "always a new game" or "play a game we know more often". So I thought a poll would be appropriate.

                  Do you lean towards "show me a new game", or towards "I'd prefer to play a game we already know, most of us" ?

                  o I lean towards "Show me a new game", as now.
                  o I lean towards repeating same games more often than now.
                  o I don't mind.

                  web site listed above.

                  Thanks!
                  Message 8 of 16 , 17 Nov 05:31
                    Good question, but a bit tricky. I enjoy and would continue to enjoy
                    repeat plays of some games. Recent history includes Fury of Dracula and
                    Railroad Tycoon and i would definitely add Antike and Imperial to that
                    list. However, part of the charm and spirit of the club is the
                    opportunity to play new games and i am flexible enough to try out a game
                    especially when a) its look like a winner and b) someone has taken the
                    trouble (and expense) to acquire it. I guess as long as there are
                    worthy new games to try they will be on my wannaplay list, otherwise,
                    dig out the old favourites, there are enough.

                    I guess my vote goes on a 4th option - i'd rather play a mix of good
                    games - including new ones and the old favourites (especially new games
                    that we really like and have played once or twice and are more familiar
                    with the rules - it can be a really nice experience to repeat the good
                    new games and see the difference in play styles and strategies).

                  • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 18, 2007
                      lbgc group:

                      Antike. Can everyone who has played this game please
                      post a rating for the club.

                      o 10 - Excellent
                      o 9
                      o 8
                      o 7 - liked and definitely willing to play
                      o 6 - liked and would probably play again
                      o 5 - game is ok
                      o 4 - unlikely to play again
                      o 3
                      o 2
                      o 1 - Poor

                      web site listed above.

                      Thanks!
                    • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 18, 2007
                        lbgc group:

                        Imperial. Can everyone who has played this game
                        please post a rating for the club.

                        o 10 - Excellent
                        o 9
                        o 8
                        o 7 - definitely willing to play again
                        o 6
                        o 5
                        o 4 - unlikely to play again
                        o 3
                        o 2
                        o 1 - Poor

                        web site listed above.

                        Thanks!
                      • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 18, 2007
                          lbgc group:

                          Kremlin. Can everyone who has played this game please

                          Message 12 of 16 , Feb 20, 2007
                            lbgc group:

                            Struggle of Empires. Can everyone who has played this game
                            please post a rating for the club.

                            o 10 - Excellent
                            o 9
                            o 8
                            o 7 - Good
                            o 6
                            o 5 - ok, probably play again
                            o 4
                            o 3
                            o 2
                            o 1 - Poor

                            web site listed above.

                            Thanks!
                          • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 16, 2007
                              lbgc group:

                              Twilight Imperium 3rd Ed. Can all those who have played this
                              game please post a rating for the club.

                              o 10 - Excellent - the game is an epic
                              o 9 - Excellent, but game length too long
                              o 8 - Great game, willing to play again
                              o 7 - very good, usually willing to play
                              o 6 - good
                              o 5 - ok
                              o 4
                              o 3
                              o 2
                              o 1 - Poor

                              web site listed above.

                              Thanks!
                            • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
                              Message 14 of 16 , Aug 7, 2007
                                lbgc group:

                                We all have our favourite games, but what are our
                                favourite types? You may vote for more than one.

                                o Eurogames
                                o Ameri/Brit-trash
                                o Wargames
                                o Civilisation
                                o Fillers
                                o Railway
                                o Heavy on theme
                                o Horror
                                o Auction
                                o Command and conquest
                                o Party/easy games
                                o Team play/collaboration
                                o Card games
                                o Tile placing/point scoring
                                o Epic scale board games

                                web site listed above.

                                Thanks!
                              • lbgc@yahoogroups.co.uk
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 11, 2007
                                  lbgc group:

                                  Perikles - Could everyone who has played this game please
                                  post a rating for the Club.

                                  o 10 - Excellent - always keen to play this game
                                  o 9
                                  o 8 - very good - usually willing to play
                                  o 7
                                  o 6 - quite good - may play again
                                  o 5
                                  o 4 - poor
                                  o 3
                                  o 2
                                  o 1 - Dreadful

                                  web site listed above.

                                  Thanks!
                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 14, 2007
                                    I gave Perikles 10 out of 10 in your poll, Neil. I think 6 of us
                                    have now played it, 4 of us have voted, and it's got two 10's and two
                                    9's. Pretty good! Which gives me an idea ... - see a later post
                                    when I get round to it.

                                    Bob