Your favourite games ...

    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
      OK, to give us something else to post about, what are your favourite
      games, everybody?

      None of this guff about it depends who'd be playing. Imagine you had
      the people you want, the numbers you choose, and the right amount of
      time. Which 4 or 5 games would be the ones you'd most want to play?
      Only from those games you know already. OK, you can also say which 1
      or 2 games that you haven't played that you would most like to try
      next.

      When a few have answered, I'll tell members to go look at the lists
      and register.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
        OK, mine would have to be.....er.....:

        In no particular order .....

        Apocalypse
        Robo-Rally
        Labyrinth
        Game of Thrones
        Railroad Tycoon

        (I guess I'm not allowed to put table football in there!)

        And next to try:

        Hammer Of The Scots
        Bang!
        ..... and so many more....

        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
          Good question. I don't tend to have many favourite games as i like to
          play em generally. I have good memories though of playing the likes of
          warrior knights, fury of dracula, kingmaker, kings and things and other
          GW games when i was a lad.

          I've finally played Civilisation and whilst i think there are faults i
          really enjoyed the basic themes involved - i'd like to play this again
          but with more players (i played it with 3).

          Axis and Allies Revised must get a mention because although it has some
          limitations it has been responsible for several cracking game sessions
          i've been involved it - especially with 5 players.

          One game i wanna play is Settlers of Catan.
        • Dave Bullions
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
            Favorite games (in no particular order):
            Warrior Knights
            Railroad Tycoon
            Metro
            Niagara
            Civilisation
            1829
          • Stuart Faulds
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
              Hmmm...

              Top 5(as of today, no specific ordering to be
              inferred)
              Republic of Rome
              Kremlin
              Fortress America
              Junta
              Dune

              Most Wanted to Try
              Die Macher
              Twilight Imperium(3rd edition)

              Regards,

              Stuart
              --- "Founder." <bobroscow@...> wrote:

              > OK, to give us something else to post about, what
              > are your favourite
              > games, everybody?
              >
              > None of this guff about it depends who'd be playing.
              > Imagine you had
              > the people you want, the numbers you choose, and the
              > right amount of
              > time. Which 4 or 5 games would be the ones you'd
              > most want to play?
              > Only from those games you know already. OK, you can
              > also say which 1
              > or 2 games that you haven't played that you would
              > most like to try
              > next.
              >
              > When a few have answered, I'll tell members to go
              > look at the lists
              > and register.

              Just $16.99/mo. or less.
              dsl.yahoo.com
            • George Young
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 10, 2006
                I'm up for playing any game but the below peek my current interest.

                Current Favourites
                1. Friedrich
                2. Struggle of Empires
                3. Railroad Tycoon
                4. Manila
                5. Formula Dé

                Europe Engulfed (If there was just 2)

                Want to Play
                1. Lost Valley
                2. Age of Steam
                3. La Citta
                4. Twilight Imperium 3rd Edition (We have to do this)
                5. Battlestations
              • Allan Mertner
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 14, 2006
                  I am up for most games, but given the choice (and discarding GIPF and
                  DVONN, which are for just 2 players)...? I think I'd go for

                  1. Tigris and Euphrates
                  2. Acquire
                  3. El Grande
                  4. Advanced Civ
                  5. Titan

                  Most like to try:
                  1. Railroad Tychoon (you convinced me)
                  2. Age of Steam
                  3. Caylus

                  There are so many good games though - if you ask me tomorrow, the list
                  will not be the same :-)

                  Allan