Twilight Imperium 3 - March Session TBC

  • George Young
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 4, 2007
      So far we have 6 players signed up for a future game of TI3 but I
      would like to add a few more as we may not all be able to make the
      first session. The game takes some 5 to 6 hours to play from reading
      the articles on BGG but seems to have enough to keep the players
      focused.

      Considering TI3 is rated 27 in the top 50 of BGG and has over 1600+
      ratings it has to be played, hopefully the game will live up to its
      reputation and will be worth scheduling a few times per year.

      If you not sure or do not know much about this epic game I suggest
      you look on BGG and follow this link for a game overview
      http://www.preeminent.org/steve/games/ti3/ti3demo/

      The game will be played with changes from the new Shattered Empire
      expansion that fixes many of the past issues.

      Members who have signed up for a future session.
      --- George Young
      --- Dave Bullion
      --- Neil Parker
      --- Marty Moller
      --- Keith Dowsett
      --- Karl S. Green

      How can we call ourselves games if we don't give this monster a
      chance……

      Roll up, Roll up… sign your lives to TI3

      Date to be Confirmed for March 2007
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
        Nice one Bob,

        I'm only free in Feb on the 11th. But glad to see the date for TI3 will
        be March - although don't know my availability yet.

        Played Zombies before - with the glowinthe dark superzombies - good fun
        game although can lead to players getting killed deliberately as this
        means going back to the town square and maybe closer to the copter.

        CC:E - willing to play this - looks good.

        Neil
        --- In lbgc@..., "George Young" <george.young9@...> wrote:

        > So far we have 6 players signed up for a future game of TI3 but I
        > would like to add a few more as we may not all be able to make the
        > first session. The game takes some 5 to 6 hours to play from reading
        > the articles on BGG but seems to have enough to keep the players
        > focused.
        >
        > Considering TI3 is rated 27 in the top 50 of BGG and has over 1600+
        > ratings it has to be played, hopefully the game will live up to its
        > reputation and will be worth scheduling a few times per year.
        >
        > If you not sure or do not know much about this epic game I suggest
        > you look on BGG and follow this link for a game overview
        > http://www.preeminent.org/steve/games/ti3/ti3demo/
        >
        > The game will be played with changes from the new Shattered Empire
        > expansion that fixes many of the past issues.
        >
        > Members who have signed up for a future session.
        > --- George Young
        > --- Dave Bullion
        > --- Neil Parker
        > --- Marty Moller
        > --- Keith Dowsett
        > --- Karl S. Green
        >
        > How can we call ourselves games if we don't give this monster a
        > chance……
        >
        > Roll up, Roll up… sign your lives to TI3
        >
        > Date to be Confirmed for March 2007

      • Allan Mertner
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
          Hi George,

          Assuming the date works, I'm definitely also game for this! The only
          reason why I didn't sign up earlier is that Yahoo kept rejecting my
          messages (for reasons I have now sorted out :)

          Thanks,
          Allan

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007
            Count me in. This monster is a must-try. I'm told we should allow 8
            hours for a first game, so I reckon we schedule it for a Sunday 11.30
            till about 7.30. (I did once canvas, and people preferred that to
            the idea of 2.30 till about 10.30).

            In March, I could offer the 4th, 11th or 25th. I suggest George and
            Neil choose one, let me know, and I'll mail out to the members who
            don't visit this site. If Keith is keen, with his free Sunday's
            scarce, maybe he should tell George/Neil if any of those suit him
            best.

            Bob

            --- In lbgc@..., Allan Mertner <amyahoo@...> wrote:

            > Hi George,
            >
            > Assuming the date works, I'm definitely also game for this! The
            only
            > reason why I didn't sign up earlier is that Yahoo kept rejecting my
            > messages (for reasons I have now sorted out :)
            >
            > Thanks,
            > Allan
            > > So far we have 6 players signed up for a future game of TI3 but I
            > > would like to add a few more as we may not all be able to make the
            > > first session. The game takes some 5 to 6 hours to play from
            reading
            > > the articles on BGG but seems to have enough to keep the players
            > > focused.
            > >
            > > Considering TI3 is rated 27 in the top 50 of BGG and has over
            1600+
            > > ratings it has to be played, hopefully the game will live up to
            its
            > > reputation and will be worth scheduling a few times per year.
            > >
            > > If you not sure or do not know much about this epic game I suggest
            > > you look on BGG and follow this link for a game overview
            > > http://www.preeminent.org/steve/games/ti3/ti3demo/
            > >
            > > The game will be played with changes from the new Shattered Empire
            > > expansion that fixes many of the past issues.
            > >
            > > Members who have signed up for a future session.
            > > --- George Young
            > > --- Dave Bullion
            > > --- Neil Parker
            > > --- Marty Moller
            > > --- Keith Dowsett
            > > --- Karl S. Green
            > >
            > > How can we call ourselves games if we don't give this monster a
            > > chance……
            > >
            > > Roll up, Roll up… sign your lives to TI3
            > >
            > > Date to be Confirmed for March 2007
            > >

            > > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • macleodandrew
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 5, 2007