Twilight Imperium Upcoming Game

  • George Young
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 10, 2007

      If you would like to sign up please do. The more we have on this list the better for future sessions of this game. If you are unable to make the first session don't worry as I'm sure future dates will be scheduled.

      Scheduled TI3 Date

      Still to be decided, Bob has offered March the 4th, 11th or 25th which will be discussed at this Sundays LBGC.

      About Twilight Imperium 3 Edition

      Considering TI3 is rated 27 in the top 50 of BGG and has over 1600+ ratings it has to be played, hopefully the game will live up to its reputation and will be worth scheduling a few times per year.

      If you not sure or do not know much about this epic game I suggest you look at the below links:

      BGG Link - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/12493

      Game Overview Link - http://www.preeminent.org/steve/games/ti3/ti3demo/

      Shatterd Empire Changes

      The game will be played with changes from the new Shattered Empire

      expansion that fixes many of the past issues.

      The Strategy Cards for the first game will be the originals and not those supplied from Shatterd Empires except for the Imperial Card which will be changed due to balance reasons. At a later playing session we will try the new cards but as we have not all played the original It is best we give this a go first.

      Number of Players

      3 to 8

      Game Time

      Estimated 6+ Hours

      Game Rules

      Age of Empires Variant – This is due to the new strategy card and also allows more strategic planning due to revealed objective cards.

      Missing the Game (reserve list)

      There will be no reserve list, if you able to make the game that's great if not then we will save you a spot on the next game if your available.

      Members who have signed up for a future session:

      --- George Young

      --- Dave Bullion

      --- Neil Parker

      --- Marty Moller

      --- Keith Dowsett

      --- Karl S. Green

      --- Allan Mertner

      --- Bob Roscow

      --- Andrew Macleod

      How can we call ourselves gamers if we don't give this monster a chance…

      Roll up, Roll up… sign your lives to TI3

    • Karl S. Green
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 11, 2007
        I'm not able to attend today's session, so won't be able to discuss
        dates, but I'll be good for any of the three dates in March.

        --- In lbgc@..., "George Young" <george.young9@...>
        wrote:

        > If you would like to sign up please do. The more we have on this
        list
        > the better for future sessions of this game. If you are unable to
        make
        > the first session don't worry as I'm sure future dates will be
        > scheduled.
        >
        > Scheduled TI3 Date
        >
        > Still to be decided, Bob has offered March the 4th, 11th or 25th
        which
        > will be discussed at this Sundays LBGC.
        >
        > About Twilight Imperium 3 Edition
        >
        > Considering TI3 is rated 27 in the top 50 of BGG and has over 1600+
        > ratings it has to be played, hopefully the game will live up to its
        > reputation and will be worth scheduling a few times per year.
        >
        > If you not sure or do not know much about this epic game I suggest
        you
        > look at the below links:
        >
        > BGG Link - http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/12493
        >
        > Game Overview Link -
        http://www.preeminent.org/steve/games/ti3/ti3demo/

        > Shatterd Empire Changes
        >
        > The game will be played with changes from the new Shattered Empire
        >
        > expansion that fixes many of the past issues.
        >
        > The Strategy Cards for the first game will be the originals and not
        > those supplied from Shatterd Empires except for the Imperial Card
        which
        > will be changed due to balance reasons. At a later playing session
        we
        > will try the new cards but as we have not all played the original
        It is
        > best we give this a go first.
        >
        > Number of Players
        >
        > 3 to 8
        >
        > Game Time
        >
        > Estimated 6+ Hours
        >
        > Game Rules
        >
        > Age of Empires Variant – This is due to the new strategy card and
        > also allows more strategic planning due to revealed objective cards.
        >
        > Missing the Game (reserve list)
        >
        > There will be no reserve list, if you able to make the game that's
        > great if not then we will save you a spot on the next game if your
        > available.
        >
        > Members who have signed up for a future session:
        >
        > --- George Young
        >
        > --- Dave Bullion
        >
        > --- Neil Parker
        >
        > --- Marty Moller
        >
        > --- Keith Dowsett
        >
        > --- Karl S. Green
        >
        > --- Allan Mertner
        >
        > --- Bob Roscow
        >
        > --- Andrew Macleod
        >
        > How can we call ourselves gamers if we don't give this monster a
        > chance…
        >
        > Roll up, Roll up… sign your lives to TI3

      • Allan Mertner
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 15, 2007
          I also was not able to attend Sunday's session, but have been looking
          forward to the conclusion on the date issue - was a conclusion reached?
          > I'm not able to attend today's session, so won't be able to discuss
          > dates, but I'll be good for any of the three dates in March.

          If the date suits me and the game isn't already oversubscribed, I'd of
          course love to go and need to reserve the date in the calendar as far in
          advance as possible :)

          Thanks,
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 15, 2007
            Hi Allan
            I believe Sunday 4th March was the date settled on for TI3 (11:30 until
            approx 19:30). It might already be fully booked. Be worth your will to
            check.
            Dave

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 15, 2007
              Hi Allan, i would hope that this is a game that will be played more than
              once subject to the special timing required for it on a gamesday. There
              was some talk a while back about having the occasional 'special' session
              for those lengthy must play games. That would be good. TI3 could be on
              that list.

              Neil
              --- In lbgc@..., "David Bullions" <davebullions@...>

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 19, 2007
                OK, to be clear on this, we are now set to try this monster, TI3,
                Sunday after next, at my place as usual, but from 11.30 onwards, till
                at least 7.30. Most people have confirmed they are on for that date,
                one other is willing to show up at 11.30 to either be reserve or
                watcher, and others intend to watch ... till there are enough of them
                to go off and play a different game upstairs.

                The ones I now have down as definites for TI3 on that day, 4 March,
                are:

                George (it's his set)
                Neil
                Me
                Allan
                Keith
                Andrew M
                Karl

                That makes 7 for 6 slots. Chances are that 1 will end up having to
                pull out. If not, I'll stand down and watch. If more than one
                suddenly cancel, then there's a free spot ... apply for it before
                others do! People who turn up to watch (any time from 11.30) can
                then split off and play some other game.

                Bob

                --- In lbgc@..., "Neil Parker" <welfarerights@...>

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 19, 2007
                  Hi Bob
                  I was (still am) a definite & said so in my reply to your email, but for
                  some reason I have been left off your list in this email. Why?
                  I'm now just a little confused as I was on the earlier list(s) referring to
                  this session.
                  Dave

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 20, 2007
                    (1) Of course you're in, Dave, just a slip on my part pulling
                    together the posts on here, and the replies and separate mails in my
                    email inbox. OR: (2) Everbody got together behind your back and
                    begged me to "accidentally" drop you off the list, so that, without
                    you there, the rest of us stood some chance of winning! Only one of
                    these is true!

                    Sorry, Dave, my oversight.

                    The list now stands as, in order of sign-up and therefore precedence:

                    George (it's his set!)
                    Dave
                    Neil (though technically he hasn't confirmed for 4th March yet)
                    Keith
                    Karl
                    Allan
                    me
                    Andrew
                    Marty (he signed up early, but recently said only a maybe for 4th)
                    Stuart (intends to be a watcher).

                    If all of the first 6 turn up, then there are at least prob 4 of us
                    for a different game, as well as looking in on theirs. Great

                    Anyone I missed out this time? Apart from the no's?

                    Yes, I'd think we'd play it again another day for those who missed
                    out.

                    Bob

                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 20, 2007
                      Many thanks Bob.
                      I personally think the reason was:
                      "(2) Everbody got together behind your back and
                      begged me to "accidentally" drop you off the list, so that, without
                      you there, the rest of us stood some chance of winning!"
                      Or maybe there was a third option - Answers on a postcard please !