Flapjack recipe

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 4, 2007

      Flapjack recipe

      1. Mix 12oz oats, 2 oz brown sugar together with nuts and seeds to taste.
      2. Melt 6oz margarine (i use 'Pure' soya as it's vegan) with 4oz golden syrup and then add dry ingredients.
      3. Put in a baking tray and bake for 20 mins+ at 180-190 C until deep golden brown.  Don't overbake or put too much dry ingredients in as flapjack will be too dry/hard.
      4. Let mixture cool down then put in fridge to set.
    • Daren short
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 5, 2007
        Thank you - I shall try this :)

        >From: "Neil Parker" <welfarerights@...>
        >To: lbgc@...
        >Subject: [lbgc] Flapjack recipe
        >Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 07:39:10 -0000
        >

        >Flapjack recipe
        >

        > 1. Mix 12oz oats, 2 oz brown sugar together with nuts and seeds to
        >taste.
        > 2. Melt 6oz margarine (i use 'Pure' soya as it's vegan) with 4oz
        >golden syrup and then add dry ingredients.
        > 3. Put in a baking tray and bake for 20 mins+ at 180-190 C until deep
        >golden brown. Don't overbake or put too much dry ingredients in as
        >flapjack will be too dry/hard.
        > 4. Let mixture cool down then put in fridge to set.

        Rate your skiving credentials with our Slack-o-meter
        http://www.slack-o-meter.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 5, 2007
          I know we said let's invent some games, and this "Flapjack" game seems
          really off-the-wall!

          What's the VC? First to the fridge? Best taste? Presumably the
          players fight to control resources ... the oats, the sugar, the nuts,
          the seeds, the golden syrup ... Bonus VC's for being Vegan? Are there
          sabotage options to increase player-interaction? - Steal his baking
          tray? Turn his oven up? Lock his fridge? ;-)

          --- In lbgc@..., "Neil Parker" <welfarerights@...> wrote:

          > Flapjack recipe
          >

          > 1. Mix 12oz oats, 2 oz brown sugar together with nuts and seeds to
          > taste.
          > 2. Melt 6oz margarine (i use 'Pure' soya as it's vegan) with 4oz
          > golden syrup and then add dry ingredients.
          > 3. Put in a baking tray and bake for 20 mins+ at 180-190 C until
          deep
          > golden brown. Don't overbake or put too much dry ingredients in as
          > flapjack will be too dry/hard.
          > 4. Let mixture cool down then put in fridge to set.

        • Marty M
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007

            I'm all for designing new games, but you'll have come up with a more original theme than flapjacks. It seems that this game has already been done - you can see it here .

            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
              Amazing! :P though its an outrage to even consider flipping any
              flapjacks and mine are too crumbly. I note the single rating of 2 and
              the name of the game publishers ;) I'm sure we could do better - have
              to include false beards mind. We could have hidden objectives too.

              So here's the idea. Flapjack Food Fight game, throw extra syruppy
              flapjacks at everyone, bonus victory points for anything that gets
              stuck in an opponent's beard.

              <http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/15759> .

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
                It says it's published by Parker Brothers, so I had presumed that
                you were behind it and were designing a sequel game

                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
                  What's a 'vegan'? Is it an alien race from Twilight Imperium?

                • Allan Mertner
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 6, 2007
                    Perhaps it's a cleverly disguised Vogon? And yes, it does have a
                    faintly TI3-race-name ring to it...