Top 20 Games - Have you played them ?

  • George Young
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 15, 2007

      With all the games I have played over the years and size of my collection I was astonished the amount of games in the Top 20 (as rated on BGG) that I have not played.

      Below is the current Top 20 List showing games played, or not in my case.

      Question: How do you all compare?

      1   Puerto Rico – NOT PLAYED

      2   Tigris & Euphrates – NOT PLAYED

      3   Power Grid – NOT PLAYED

      4   Caylus – NOT PLAYED

      5   Twilight Struggle – NOT PLAYED

      6   El Grande – NOT PLAYED

      7   Princes of Florence– NOT PLAYED

      8   BattleLore - PLAYED

      9   Die Macher – NOT PLAYED

      10 Shogun- – NOT PLAYED

      11 Age of Steam PLAYED

      12 Commands & Colors: Ancients - PLAYED

      13 War of the Ring – NOT PLAYED

      14 Ra - PLAYED

      15 Goa – NOT PLAYED

      16 Paths of Glory – NOT PLAYED

      17 Railroad Tycoon - PLAYED

      18 Wallenstein – NOT PLAYED

      19 Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage – PLAYED (ON PRE-ORDER)

      20 Go  – NOT PLAYED

      That is 6 out of 20 games.

      George Y

    • Keith Dowsett
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 15, 2007
        OK - here's my tally...

        >1 Puerto Rico � Owned and played.
        >
        >2 Tigris & Euphrates � Owned and played

        >3 Power Grid � Owned and played
        >
        >4 Caylus � Owned and played
        >
        >5 Twilight Struggle � NOT PLAYED
        >
        >6 El Grande � Owned and played
        >
        >7 Princes of Florence� Owned and played
        >
        >8 BattleLore - NOT PLAYED
        >
        >9 Die Macher � Owned and played
        >
        >10 Shogun- � NOT PLAYED
        >
        >11 Age of Steam - Owned and played
        >
        >12 Commands & Colors: Ancients - NOT PLAYED
        >
        >13 War of the Ring � NOT PLAYED
        >
        >14 Ra - Owned and played
        >
        >15 Goa � Owned and played>
        >
        >16 Paths of Glory � NOT PLAYED
        >
        >17 Railroad Tycoon - NOT PLAYED, but would like to
        >
        >18 Wallenstein � Owned and played
        >
        >19 Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage � NOT PLAYED, but would like to
        >
        >20 Go � Played years ago

        So just over half, though there's a couple that are still on my must play
        list so I can decide whether they're worth buying.

        Keith.

        Tell MSN about your most memorable emails! http://www.emailbritain.co.uk/
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 15, 2007
          Here's mine:
          1 Puerto Rico � NOT PLAYED

          2 Tigris & Euphrates � Played

          3 Power Grid � Played

          4 Caylus � Played

          5 Twilight Struggle � NOT PLAYED

          6 El Grande � NOT PLAYED

          7 Princes of Florence� NOT PLAYED

          8 BattleLore - NOT PLAYED

          9 Die Macher � Played

          10 Shogun- � NOT PLAYED

          11 Age of Steam NOT PLAYED

          12 Commands & Colors: Ancients - NOT PLAYED

          13 War of the Ring � played (& owned)

          14 Ra - played (& owned)

          15 Goa � NOT PLAYED

          16 Paths of Glory � NOT PLAYED

          17 Railroad Tycoon - played & owned

          18 Wallenstein � Played

          19 Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage � NOT PLAYED

          20 Go � Played (hated it)

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 16, 2007
            > 1 Puerto Rico – Partly played - not interested
            >
            > 2 Tigris & Euphrates – Played - good game

            > 3 Power Grid – Not Played
            >
            > 4 Caylus – Not Played
            >
            > 5 Twilight Struggle – Not Played
            >
            > 6 El Grande – Played i think?

            > 7 Princes of Florence– NOT PLAYED
            >
            > 8 BattleLore - NOT PLAYED
            >
            > 9 Die Macher – Played - ok
            >
            > 10 Shogun- – NOT PLAYED
            >
            > 11 Age of Steam - NOT PLAYED - looks interesting
            >
            > 12 Commands & Colors: Ancients - NOT PLAYED
            >
            > 13 War of the Ring – played - ok
            >
            > 14 Ra - played - good game
            >
            > 15 Goa – NOT PLAYED
            >
            > 16 Paths of Glory – NOT PLAYED
            >
            > 17 Railroad Tycoon - played - good game
            >
            > 18 Wallenstein – Not Played
            >
            > 19 Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage – NOT PLAYED
            >
            > 20 Go – Not Played

            possibly 7 out of 20

            If you look at my favourites and the games i want to play for the
            first time, only railroad tycoon is in the top 20 and thats not at
            the top of my tree.
          • Allan Mertner
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007
              I have done just under half of them...:

              Question: How do you all compare?

              1   Puerto Rico – Played, not impressed

              2   Tigris & Euphrates – Played, excellent

              3   Power Grid – Played, ok

              4   Caylus – Played, ok

              5   Twilight Struggle – NOT PLAYED

              6   El Grande – Played, very good

              7   Princes of Florence– Not played, but own a copy

              8   BattleLore - Not played

              9   Die Macher – Not played

              10 Shogun- – Played, ok

              11 Age of Steam - Not played, but own a copy

              12 Commands & Colors: Ancients - Not played

              13 War of the Ring – Not played

              14 Ra - Played, liked it

              15 Goa – NOT PLAYED

              16 Paths of Glory – NOT PLAYED

              17 Railroad Tycoon - Not played

              18 Wallenstein – Played, liked it

              19 Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage - Not played

              20 Go  – Played

            • Marty M
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 17, 2007

                1   Puerto Rico – Played. I think it's fine, but don't quite understand what all the fuss is about.

                2   Tigris & Euphrates – Played. I like this one a lot. A real brain burner.

                3   Power Grid – NOT PLAYED. Looks good to me, though.

                4   Caylus – NOT PLAYED. But I do own a copy of it.

                5   Twilight Struggle – NOT PLAYED. This is number 1 on my wish list at the moment. I actually went to Leisure Games in Finchley last week to buy it, but it was out of stock. :((

                6   El Grande – Played. I love this game.

                7   Princes of Florence – NOT PLAYED

                8   BattleLore - NOT PLAYED. I have C&C:A, but am not really interested in Battlelore at all.

                9   Die Macher – NOT PLAYED. This looks really interesting. I would love to give this a go sometime at LBGC.

                10 Shogun  – NOT PLAYED

                11 Age of Steam - NOT PLAYED. There's a reasonable chance I may be playing it this Sunday, however.;)

                12 Commands & Colors: Ancients - Played. I love C&C:A. Great fun.

                13 War of the Ring – NOT PLAYED

                14 Ra - NOT PLAYED

                15 Goa – NOT PLAYED

                16 Paths of Glory – Played. I bought this months and months ago, but have only got round to playing it over the last 2 or 3 weeks. I love PoG. It's a bit of a monster, covering the entire European and Near East theatre of the Great War. It's actually reasonably simple once you get your head round the rules, and successfully turns the drudgery and stalemate of WWI into a genuinely exciting and fun game.

                17 Railroad Tycoon - NOT PLAYED. Looks good.

                18 Wallenstein – NOT PLAYED. Again, I own a copy of this one. I like the idea behind the dicetower in this and Shogun.

                19 Hannibal: Rome vs. Carthage - NOT PLAYED. But I have pre-ordered the Valley Games reprint.

                20 Go  – Played. I thought everyone had played this at some time or another.

                So there you go. 6/20 played, with another two owned but unplayed and another one pre-ordered.