LBGC Awards - Results

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008

      Ok members, here are the results:

      Game of the Year: Perikles

      Runner-up: Imperial

      Comments: SoE had the most nominations (5), but no first choice votes.

      New Game of the Year: Perikles

      Runner-up: Hamburgum

      Comments: Hamburgum technically got eliminated first round as it received no first choice votes, but it received 4 second votes. Brass only received two votes (1 and 2), Container three (1, 3 and 3), so on reflection i think Hamburgum ought to get the runner-up spot as i don't think Brass can justify it with only two votes.

      Mechanic of the Year: Struggle of Empires: Alliance auction

      Runner-up: Imperial: Rondel

      Comments: Perikles nomination and election mechanic received as many votes as the others, but none of them were first choices.

      Filler of the Year: Team Roborally

      Runner-up: Werewolf

      Overall, i think the results generally reflect group opinion.  There would have been more choice for voting had there been more nominations. This would have given more credibility to the results and allowed third choice votes to have weight. Still, there is next year.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Neil

        Many thanks for putting in the work to come up with the final results.
        No big surprises, though. The voting went much as expected, I reckon.

        Dave

        To: lbgc@...
        From: vedantananda@...
        Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 08:08:41 +0000
        Subject: [lbgc] LBGC Awards - Results

[...]

        She said what? About who? Shameful celebrity quotes on Search Star!
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          Great work, Neil, thanks for stimulating our interest.

          OK, what next?

          Bob