Twilight Imperium 3 - the next war...

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008

      Hi all, Bob has agreed to host another session of TI3 to cater for the current interest and to allow 2 parallel games on the day.  This means we could cater for 10 or 12 players using two sets with each game being 4 or 6 player. The game can take 8, but 4 or 6 are the best numbers.

      We can discuss rules and details at a later date.  What i need to know at present is who is interested in playing? if you are, email me answering two questions:

      a) what is your level of interest:

      1. Eager - i really want to play this! 2. Keen - i really want to play, but i'll go on the reserve list in preference to an eager player, 3. Interested - if there is space i want to play, but otherwise i'll go on the reserve list.

      b) what are your available Sunday dates in April (pref) or May.

      So on that basis we have potentially another 1-3 slots. In the event there are more than 12 names, then the above priority/interest order will have an effect. Priority will also be used in determining the best date to go for - i'll try to go with a date that best suits priority players.  Basically, we'll work something out.

      I'll list those interested sometime in march and then we can talk rules and stuff...

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 26, 2008
        After rereading my message i ought to clarify. I don't want to
        discourage anyone by trying to restrict numbers to 10 or 12. In the very
        unlikely event we have 16 'eager' players who can attend on the same day
        (and Bob willing) we 'could' do two 8 player games - that would be a bit
        mad though and probably best avoided.

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
          i should check my posts before pressing send..

          When i referred to giving priority to game hosts i meant the two
          players who will be using their own sets - not that its likely to
          make a difference.

          wrote:

          > Hi all, Bob has agreed to host another session of TI3 to cater for
          the
          > current interest and to allow 2 parallel games on the day. This
          means
          > we could cater for 10 or 12 players using two sets with each game
          being
          > 4 or 6 player. The game can take 8, but 4 or 6 are the best numbers.
          >
          > We can discuss rules and details at a later date. What i need to
          know
          > at present is who is interested in playing? if you are, email me
          > answering two questions:
          >
          > a) what is your level of interest:
          >
          > 1. Eager - i really want to play this! 2. Keen - i really want to
          play,
          > but i'll go on the reserve list in preference to an eager player, 3.
          > Interested - if there is space i want to play, but otherwise i'll
          go on
          > the reserve list.
          >
          > b) what are your available Sunday dates in April (pref) or May.

          players
          > who missed out last time and new players. There were 6 players in
          the
          > last game who i think will largely be willing to play again, plus
          > another 3 - Allan, Dave (missed out) and Attila (new) who have
          expressed
          > an interest and i'll regard them as priorities if they are eager.
          >
          > So on that basis we have potentially another 1-3 slots. In the event
          > there are more than 12 names, then the above priority/interest order
          > will have an effect. Priority will also be used in determining the
          best
          > date to go for - i'll try to go with a date that best suits priority
          > players. Basically, we'll work something out.
          >
          > I'll list those interested sometime in march and then we can talk
          rules
          > and stuff...

        • Stuart Faulds
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
            Hi Neil,

            Put me down as as a keen/interested. I'd love to play,
            but would prefer that those who haven't yet had a
            chance to play this year get a go if they want.

            I should be available all Sundays in April and May,
            except the 25th May when I am on hols outside the
            country.

            Regards,

            Stuart F

            Looking for last minute shopping deals?
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 27, 2008
              Hi Neil

              Please put me down as a 2 or a 3 (2 and a half, if you like).
              I can't make 25th May (nor possibly 18th May) as I will be in Switzerland on holiday.
              I can (at the moment, anyway) make most Sundays in April.

              Dave

              To: lbgc@...
              From: vedantananda@...
              Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2008 15:02:14 +0000
              Subject: [lbgc] Twilight Imperium 3 - the next war...

[...]

              Messenger on the move. Text MSN to 63463 now!
            • Bob Roscow