Gygax fails saving throw.

  • Keith Dowsett
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2008

      I've just read on the web that Gary Gygax has failed a saving throw and is no longer with us.

      I'm sure I'm not the only member who has spent many hours playing D&D using the books he wrote.

      Keith.

      Sounds like? How many syllables? Guess and win prizes with Search Charades!
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
        Thanks. How sad. Yes, Gary Gygax kicked off the whole D&D and
        therefore also MMORPG thing. A visionary and creative and made it
        happen.

        Decades ago, I also read a novel or two he wrote. He was good at
        that too, surprisingly or unsurprisingly.

        Yes, worth a minute's silence from all gamers. No tapping of keys
        during the silence.

        Thanks, Keith. Yo, Gary, we all owe you.

        Bob

        --- In lbgc@..., Keith Dowsett <keithdowsett@...> wrote:

        > I've just read on the web that Gary Gygax has failed a saving throw
        and is no longer with us.

        > I'm sure I'm not the only member who has spent many hours playing
        D&D using the books he wrote.

        > Keith.

        > Who's friends with who and co-starred in what?
        > http://www.searchgamesbox.com/celebrityseparation.shtml

      • Garner
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 5, 2008
          Very sad to hear this happened. Kudos on the joke (even if perhaps it could be seen as crass given its about a guy dying but I'm not offended)

          I too played the Fighting Fantasy books as well but I started with Heroquest.

          Brian