What really old game would you enjoy a nostalgic game of at our place?

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 4, 2008
      Games have moved on, and the boardgames of the last 10 years are better-
      designed or better-play than the old games. BUT. Playing one of the
      old (childhood/teenage/student) games might hold a certain nostalgic
      charm as a one-off, even if it has its faults? Before we consign them
      forever to history?

      Me, I'd nominate Kingmaker (flawed and overtaken, but nostalgic), and
      Escape From Colditz, and Totopoly (the actual race-mechanic is quite
      clever!). I have Kingmaker and Totopoly myself, but not Escape From
      Colditz.

      Which old ones do YOU have and would like to play one last time, if
      only for nostalgia?! And do you have a copy?

      This post was partly just to intro a topic insteads of all of the
      recent posts being about TeamRoboRally updates. Hey, we must also play
      Perikles and Imperial again soon, since they are good and also lead to
      update-posts on THEM to intersperse between updates on TeamRR games and
      league. Er, one of which follows ...
      Message 2 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008

        I have Warrior Knights and Kings and Things. I'd play either if others were interested.

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008
          I would also be interested in any of the games mentioned. I also own Warrior Knights & Kings and Things, but they are probably buried deep in my cupboard. I would be willing to play your copies, Neil.
          I have played Kingmaker, Totopoly & Escape from Colditz. I love all of those. Also I haven't played Diplomacy or Hare & Tortoise for a while.
          And I must get around to playing Imperial again.

          To: lbgc@...
          From: vedantananda@...
          Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:24:47 +0000
          Subject: [lbgc] Re: What really old game would you enjoy a nostalgic game of at our place?

          --- In lbgc@yahoogroups. co.uk, "Founder." <bobroscow@.. .> wrote:

          > Games have moved on, and the boardgames of the last 10 years are better-
          > designed or better-play than the old games. BUT. Playing one of the
          > old (childhood/teenage/ student) games might hold a certain nostalgic
          > charm as a one-off, even if it has its faults? Before we consign them
          > forever to history?
          >
          > Me, I'd nominate Kingmaker (flawed and overtaken, but nostalgic), and
          > Escape From Colditz, and Totopoly (the actual race-mechanic is quite
          > clever!). I have Kingmaker and Totopoly myself, but not Escape From
          > Colditz.
          >
          > Which old ones do YOU have and would like to play one last time, if
          > only for nostalgia?! And do you have a copy?
          >
          > This post was partly just to intro a topic insteads of all of the
          > recent posts being about TeamRoboRally updates. Hey, we must also play
          > Perikles and Imperial again soon, since they are good and also lead to
          > update-posts on THEM to intersperse between updates on TeamRR games and
          > league. Er, one of which follows ...

          Great search results, great prizes. BigSnapSearch.com Search now
        • Tomas Pajonk
          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008

            Hello,

            I’d like to give Warrior Kings a try. I have the 2nd edition, but not here with me. Playing imperial or struggle of empires would be really nice as well.

            To: lbgc@...
            From: vedantananda@...
            Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 08:24:47 +0000

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008

              OK i'll bring Warrior Knights, K&Ts and Struggle of Empires on Sunday.

              If anyone else has WK 2nd Ed and brings that i'd be interested.

              :)

              Message 6 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008

                I like Tomas' Warrior Kings idea. How about we have a competition for the funniest amalgamated game idea.

                How about Struggle of Warrior Things? The game is played on a randomised hex board and all other components are put into a bag. Players take turns picking things out in the hope they will actually be useful.

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008
                  How about "Team Robo-Tycoon". An amalgamation of Team RoboRally & Railroad Tycoon. Run your routes in Railroad Tycoon but the actual route has to be pre-programmed. Any trains ending up on the same track fire lasers at each other. Any wrecked trains have a scrap value if they can be successfully delivered to a city with a demand for that type of robot - oops, I meant train, of course.

                  To: lbgc@...
                  From: vedantananda@...
                  Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:42:19 +0000
                  Subject: [lbgc] Mixing game titles

                  --- In lbgc@yahoogroups. co.uk, "Tomas Pajonk" <tom@...> wrote:

                  > Hello,
                  >

                  > I'd like to give Warrior Kings a try. I have the 2nd edition, but not here
                  > with me. Playing imperial or struggle of empires would be really nice as
                  > well.

                  Get Windows Live Messenger on your Mobile. Click Here!
                  Message 8 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008
                    Great fun.

                    How about Bang!-Cluedo. A fairly easy game. You all shoot each
                    other and then have to deduce who shot who, with only the evidence of
                    seeing it happen to go on.

                    Slightly harder: Cluedo-Bang! You have to deduce who shot who, and
                    THEN do the shooting.

                    --- In lbgc@..., David Bullions <davebullions@...>
                    wrote:

                    > How about "Team Robo-Tycoon". An amalgamation of Team RoboRally &
                    Railroad Tycoon. Run your routes in Railroad Tycoon but the actual
                    route has to be pre-programmed. Any trains ending up on the same
                    track fire lasers at each other. Any wrecked trains have a scrap
                    value if they can be successfully delivered to a city with a demand
                    for that type of robot - oops, I meant train, of course.

                    > To: lbgc@...
                    > From: vedantananda@...
                    > Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 10:42:19 +0000
                    > Subject: [lbgc] Mixing game titles

                    > I like Tomas' Warrior Kings idea. How about we have a
                    competition for the funniest amalgamated game idea.
                    > How about Struggle of Warrior Things? The game is played on a
                    randomised hex board and all other components are put into a bag.
                    Players take turns picking things out in the hope they will actually
                    be useful.

                    > --- In lbgc@..., "Tomas Pajonk" <tom@> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hello,
                    > >

                    > > I'd like to give Warrior Kings a try. I have the 2nd edition, but
                    not here
                    > > with me. Playing imperial or struggle of empires would be really
                    nice as
                    > > well.

                    Behalf Of

                    Message 9 of 9 , Dec 5, 2008
                      Imperial RoboRally. You buy shares in these robots and then ...