Registration drive/ quiz ...

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 26, 2005
      Here's an idea:

      To give our 31 face-to-face members an ADDED, time-pressured, reason
      to register at the site as well, why don't we have a game quiz ....?

      I'll send out a reminder that the site is now up, and to register,
      and the come-on will be to try to win the quiz on boardgames .....

      One of us, whoever volunteers, and is up to it technically (so, not
      me), scans in shots of 20 different games - bits of the board, or
      shots of a playing piece or two, or odd angles .... and the members
      have to answer what games they are shots of! I'll contribute a
      bottle of Keith's Chablis as the prize to the winner. I stand no
      chance of winning, but I'd love to see who of ....(better not
      say!)... comes out top on spotting games! Hmmm, I might even run a
      side-show to it, a pool on who you think will win! That way, there
      are 2 ways to win - win the quiz or guess correctly WHO will win
      it. My money's on (edited out).

      So, anyone want to volunteer to create the quiz? No hurry, no
      pressure. Oh, and the quizmaster should probably not try to defeat
      everyone by scanning in tiles from a game where he/she is probably
      the only person in the country to own or have played the game .... I
      think small details, or odd angles, would be more appropriate if you
      want to make it not too easy?

      Any taker?