Wooden Ships and Iron Men (or the reverse)

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
      I've been recommended to try it. Allan saw my "Broadside" game still
      out on the table, which Andrew and Darren had genuinely liked a lot,
      and said I should try this Iron Ships Wooden Men.

      I'd like to try it. I like the galleon theme. Apparently (pace
      Gordon), WSIM is rather more combat-only than my "Broadside" which is
      a mix of trading and fighting ....

      Anyway, before I might shell out for it, does anyone of us have it to
      bring or lend?

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2006
        Hi Bob
        I have WS&IM.
        Haven't played it for many years or had it out of the cupboard for many
        years, so not sure what condition its in. Also I will have to re-read the
        rules. I seem to remember the game involved a fair bit of "book-keeping".
        I will dig it out and bring it along one day (not the next meeting as I will
        be on holiday).
        By the way, thanks for last nights session. Very enjoyable.
        Dave

        >From: "Founder." <bobroscow@...>
        >To: lbgc@...
        >Subject: [lbgc] Wooden Ships and Iron Men (or the reverse)
        >Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 11:08:13 -0000
        >
        >I've been recommended to try it. Allan saw my "Broadside" game still
        >out on the table, which Andrew and Darren had genuinely liked a lot,
        >and said I should try this Iron Ships Wooden Men.
        >
        >I'd like to try it. I like the galleon theme. Apparently (pace
        >Gordon), WSIM is rather more combat-only than my "Broadside" which is
        >a mix of trading and fighting ....
        >
        >Anyway, before I might shell out for it, does anyone of us have it to
        >bring or lend?
        >
        >Bob

      • Allan Mertner
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 17, 2007
          In preparation and anticipation of the TI3 session in 2 weeks, is there
          any material it would be useful to go through? Are the rules available
          online somewhere? On the bgg, I only found misc cheat sheets, tech
          trees, etc.

          Cheers,