Meetup: Linked Data (September 7th)

  • robengine
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2009
      Michael Smethurst, Information Architect at the BBC, will be leading a discussion on Linked Data. He will be covering the basics of Linked Data, and will then be taking any questions or comments.

      If you've wondered what exactly Linked Data (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linked_Data) is or how it works in practice this is the perfect opportunity.

      If you like what you hear, and would like to hear more, you may consider attending the Linked Data Meetup on Wednesday of the same week (9 September).

      Please note that the date for the meetup has changed. It was originally scheduled for 8 September, but it turns out that Tuesday is salsa night at The Square Pig.

      Location:
      The Square Pig, Holborn
      30/32 Procter Street, WC1R 4QG
      London 02076913144
      Change Place
    • robengine

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 4, 2009
          What time is the meeting?
        • Ben Dodson
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 4, 2009
            Well most of the organisers will be there from 6pm onwards but we don't officially start until 7pm.  There will be a couple of lightening talks and a few words about the new changes to the group, and then the presentation will kick of at about 7:30pm.

            See you there!

            Ben

            On 4 Sep 2009, at 08:48, tchaffee2000 wrote:

            What time is the meeting?

          • bjalford007
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 4, 2009
              Stumbled across this group. How do you register for attendance?

              Thanks,

              BJ Alford
              --- In londonwebstandards@..., Ben Dodson <ben@...> wrote:

              > Well most of the organisers will be there from 6pm onwards but we
              > don't officially start until 7pm. There will be a couple of
              > lightening talks and a few words about the new changes to the group,
              > and then the presentation will kick of at about 7:30pm.
              >
              > See you there!
              >
              > Ben
              >

              > On 4 Sep 2009, at 08:48, tchaffee2000 wrote:
              >
              > > What time is the meeting?

            • Tony Scott
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 4, 2009
                I believe the plan is to post the event on Upcoming.

                Tony

                ----
                Tony Scott
                http://tonyscott.org.uk | http://twitter.com/tonys
                http://wordcamp.org.uk | http://hackspace.org.uk

                --- In londonwebstandards@ yahoogroups. co.uk, Ben Dodson <ben@...> wrote:

                > Well most of the organisers will be there from 6pm onwards but we
                > don't officially start until 7pm. There will be a couple of
                > lightening talks and a few words about the new changes to the group,
                > and then the presentation will kick of at about 7:30pm.
                >
                > See you there!
                >
                > Ben
                >

                > On 4 Sep 2009, at 08:48, tchaffee2000 wrote:
                >
                > > What time is the meeting?

              • robengine
                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 4, 2009
                  Hi there,

                  We've had quite a good response to this meeting and with the venue (the square pig) unable to accommodate more than 50 people it'll be a little squashed. That said, I'm sure there will be last minute cancellations so it should be fine.

                  Tony is right (thanks Tony), the details of the event can be found at: http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/4410125/

                  Looking forward to meeting up next Monday.

                  --rob

                  P.S original meeting page was http://www.meetup.com/londonwebstandards/calendar/10791931/