Hi, nice to meet some fellow MX3ers

  • hibee_steve
    Message 1 of 161 , Feb 2, 2002
      Hi,i'm Steven from Edinburgh<br><br>Got my MX3
      last June, and have been looking for other UK owners
      to chat to (obviously i didn't try very hard!) as
      i'm only finding this club now.<br><br>Up to now i've
      been dropping in on MX-3.com but never see any Brits
      on that.<br><br>Anyway i've spent some time reading
      through all the messages here and ive been able to relate
      to quite a bit of stuff. I commute in my MX3 and its
      great to drive and havent had any real probs with it
      apart from the general wear and tear costs of things
      like brake pads and discs, and the annoying jerkiness
      caused by the need to replace leads and plugs
      frequently!<br><br>The only question i can think of asking you guys at
      the moment is are rear shocks that are starting to
      sweat a problem anyone else has had?-i've been quoted
      �350-400 for both which i can do without if you know what
      i mean!- i'm just wondering how long it may be till
      it becomes absolutely necessary to replace
      them<br><br>Nice to be a member-speak to you soon
    • barb_grosvenor
      Message 161 of 161 , Mar 2, 2002
        Took my Maz for its service to my nearest Mazda
        dealer, which is approx 8 miles away. As I had to take it
        in the night before, I had a courtesy car. I
        couldn't believe my eyes when they showed it me, I
        couldn't open the door for laughing, it was a new Hyundai
        Amica. People came out of the workshop to see what was
        going on. I asked what it was, and was told a Porsche.
        I know I'm a woman but I'm not that stupid. Well if
        you have ever driven a 'toy car' this one was even
        worse. I tried to overtake a bus - no luck, had to sit
        behind it at 25 mph. Caused a laugh at work, everyone is
        used to my Maz. You sit up so high you feel as if you
        are in a double decker bus. When I took it back I
        told them if ever they wanted to give it away, don't
        bother with me, but I would borrow it at Christmas,
        plenty of laughs at the Christmas party. So glad to have
        my Maz back!!!